NEW TO THE MANTA SCENE

sean999

HI, I'M SEAN, LIVE IN DERBYSHIRE. JUST GOT MYSELF A PROJECT. DUE TO BUDGET I HAVE HAD TO SETTEL FOR A CAV COUPE INSTEAD, BUT I HAVE ALREADY BEGAN COLLECTING NUMEROUS PARTS TO CHANGE IT TO A MANTA REP.

THE CAR IS A 79 MODEL, 2LTR, NONE SUNROOF. UPTO NOW I HAVE ONLY FOUND MINIMAL ROT, MAINLY FRONT WINGS AND A BIT IN THE F/N/S FOOTWELL. THE CAR IS WHITE, BIT CURRENTLY CARPET AND SEATS HAVE BEEN BINED.

HOPE TO GET IT PAINTED AND RED TOPPED......SOME DAY. IN THE MEANTIME I CANT WAIT TO GET STUCK INTO IT AND GET IT ON THE ROAD.

hello and welcome.

if your foot well is rotting, then there is a good chance that the jacking point and chassie rail could need some attention as well. Sorry to be the barer of ill news, but good luck with your prodject.

Might not be a popular opinion on here, but I actually prefer the look of the Cavs. I like them better without the overriders on the bumpers and with the rear number plate below the bumper. Just me though!

I knew the Cavs were rare already though, but as for mileage I've got no idea on mine. It's showing 111,000 (I'd guess!) but the speedo's not worked for the last 7-8,000 while I was driving it, and probably didn't work for a long time before that.

hi sean , it was nice meeting you & the family and alfie the gsd , i'm sure you will find lots of advise & some opinions lol .

But as long as you are enjoying the car thats the important bit