Project Garage

mickappy

FINALLY allowed to build a garage :joy

other half wanted new kitchen,bathroom,dinning room...and shit loads else doing

b4 i could start this garage at our new house....

progress will be slowish as im doing it all my self.. and its got to match the house :)

here goes

shed.jpg

this is the old one..

SDC10509.jpg

marked out n ready for the digger

SDC10514.jpg

enter digger

SDC10523.jpg

concrete footins

SDC10528.jpg

this is as far as ive got... hopefully weather will be good for me so i can get it up quickly

and start my 400rt project...

Whats your length & width looks like you are going for single and a bit - interested cos I am moving to house with a single garage shortly and need it to be wider for the manta but don't want to use up all the side garden by doing a double

:unsure:B)

"Whats your length & width " lol im so childish :o:o

its 5metersX6meters. just to keep it so i dont need building regs. needed planning permission tho.

ive left 1.50 meters behind it so i can extend it at a later date.

its also gunna have a car port at the side too. its big enough to restore mantas in:)

plus theres enough land to build another if i want too.

ive missed not having a workshop........

"Whats your length & width " lol im so childish :o:o

Yes I did think as I typed that it was open to interpretation - :o:lol::lol:

Interesting to see the end result keep updating it wont you :thumbup

Anybody thought about going a bit higher (without drugs) and possibly buying a second-hand 2 poster ramp and drive a car underneath the one on the ramp (as Joe used to do).

I went down the way and had a pit put in when I extended out lenthways, now got a 3 metre pit in a 10.5 metre garage which will help at some point I hope.

Cheers, Colin.

Anybody thought about going a bit higher (without drugs) and possibly buying a second-hand 2 poster ramp and drive a car underneath the one on the ramp (as Joe used to do).

I went down the way and had a pit put in when I extended out lenthways, now got a 3 metre pit in a 10.5 metre garage which will help at some point I hope.

Cheers, Colin.

this will be high enough for a 4 post ramp. dint bother with pit as i hate working looking up.

i also plan on restoring the 400rt on a spit. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Aye awe few mare coarse und yur there, what you doing to tie side walls at open end as just single 4" leaf and hiv no real strength. Jist awe word owe warning wi yur door inplace and window and if the wind ever gits up yur wall may come doon!! as not supported at corners with a return be it 4" or 9" butt.

Hope advise nae taken in thi wrang way.

cheers rab.

anno wat ya mean rab, theres a tie in each course at the front which will tie in to red brick to match house.

hopefully be starting that weather depending next week. should all be fine if arctitects right..lol..

I take it yur going for a single large up and over door? if so would go with 9" butt, internal blockwork / external your Red Facers bonded on external corner and at door opening for max strength.

Yae gangin awe flat or pitched roof, Architects wullnae gang doon that road!!!!!! Lol. But aye once up and running lights, heat, kettle,telly point yul no want tae move oot.

Yup roller door, if one of the big sectional ones that run up onto runners slung from trusses the door load is then carried by walls and trusses, if as I think roller shutter door either with motor or lifted and lowered by chain these are mounted between underside trusses and under side of door opening Lintel, you have probably a steel beam or K9 Lintels quoted on your drawing.

What I always use is Steel H` Beam and build integral with door butts, and at rear get square plate welded on to beam to carry the roller door mechanism. You can also weld on flat plate to underside to carry external facers above and into pien / gable.

You can also get `C` channnel which you get just over width of butts and build yourself a steel door frame that will carry roller door and running track/ guide rail all in a oner. All gid fun and hopfully only got anither 7 year to go till am retired.

already ordered my rsj. the roller door bolts to the wall and is quite light even with the motor.

so all should be fine, altho im thinking of putting 2 extra pillors at the front corners to be sure.. ;)

builders dont retire rab... friend n family will always keep ya busy:)

its going to be double skinned now at front, should be plenty strong, cheers rab.

keith already ordered it mate :thumbup need a 5 meter jobbie tho, been looking for a

second hand one with no joy, probably cos steel it like gold at moment..

rab, i have planning permission but with it been under 30meter floor space and so far away from any roads

it doesnt need building regs. so basicaaly i can put it up as i like, nuts in it!!

as for a fan i have a comercial fireproof extractor fan for when im spraying cars.

which will be in the right hand wall.

now i wish this weather would get better so i can get this garage up and start the 400rt.....

seems like ive been doing thus a while now, but its only been 4 week at a few hours here and there..

progression so far....

sides are up and time to start front..

g1-1.jpg

1st time on bricks for me

014.jpg

wall.jpg

g3.jpg

just waiting on rsj now for front. 160kg. dont know how the fick ill get up there??? shud be fun....