Scottish Meets

mantajock

may 29th 30th ? safari park dont think this on now for us

june 5th 6th thirestane

june 20th doune hillclimb

june 27th knockhill speed fair 10 spaces for us[ passes in]

july 4th ford day bridge of allan

july 10th 11th billing

sept 11th 12th boness hillclimb need at least 8 cars max 12 [if we cant get 8 we will get the rear wheel drive club to help us or help them ]

sept 19th doune hillclimb

some dates for you all i will update if any more come in

Edited by mantajock

rab dinnae polish too hard then,,ffs,,,,,the fordy guys kin add awe the shiny stuff they want ,,,,but they will never have the quality and pedigree of oor old girls,,,,and am no talking aboot louise :lol:

:D:D:D:D:D

Yul hope she disnae read that or yul hiv twa sare ankles agin :)

• 2 weeks later...

may 29th 30th ? safari park dont think this on now for us

june 5th 6th thirestane

june 20th doune hillclimb

june 27th knockhill speed fair 10 spaces for us

july 4th ford day bridge of allan

july 10th 11th billing

sept 11th 12th boness hillclimb need at least 8 cars max 12

sept 19th doune hillclimb

some dates for you all i will update if any more come in

The Borders Vintage Automobile Club had no booking for the Manta Owners Club at Thirlestane Castle today, the above list implies that the club has spaces put aside.

Are we lacking a bit of comunication perhaps?? Not criticizing just making an observation.

Good show, lots of variety from push-bikes and cafe racers,vintage and classic cars,tractors and steam thingys right through to Ferrari's,Aston's and the likes.....and a good choice of burger vans :)

John.

The Borders Vintage Automobile Club had no booking for the Manta Owners Club at Thirlestane Castle today, the above list implies that the club has spaces put aside.

Are we lacking a bit of comunication perhaps?? Not criticizing just making an observation.

Good show, lots of variety from push-bikes and cafe racers,vintage and classic cars,tractors and steam thingys right through to Ferrari's,Aston's and the likes.....and a good choice of burger vans :)

John.

no the manta club was booked in so i thought there must have been emails went missing between me and colin because as far as i new it was booked, plus i had only two members that i knew who was going no one else got back to me on it.

i have the passes here for knockhill , there here in my hand so i know we are booked in , will give them out to members next week at doune i cant make it but scott will be there with passes for the rest who cant make doune

no the manta club was booked in so i thought there must have been emails went missing between me and colin because as far as i new it was booked, plus i had only two members that i knew who was going no one else got back to me on it.

i have the passes here for knockhill , there here in my hand so i know we are booked in , will give them out to members next week at doune i cant make it but scott will be there with passes for the rest who cant make doune

Hi Jock,

Sorry if there was some confusion, the original invites to attend Thirlestane were sent out in April , possibly a bit early and thus forgetable as a result.

The only e-mail I have from you was recieved on the 28th May which I replied on the same day and I had no further mails after that to say if a OMOC stand was needed for the 6th June.

Mails as rec'd and replied;

----- Original Message -----

To: JOHN RAMSAY

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 5:20 PM

Subject: Re: show

Just had John McKenzie in from Penicuik and given him 4 passes for some of the local lads to get in on a stand free, has anyone else asked to come to Thirlestane? Its not a problem to make a space for more, biggest prob will be getting the passes posted to you in time.

Cheers, Colin.

----- Original Message -----

To: cavalier@colinb.co.uk

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 12:26 AM

Subject: show

hi colin

is it to late for a pitch for the manta club, been busy and forgot all about it, cheers jock

hope we can get better sorted for next year, its always good to have some sort of display to rival all the Ford guys.

Cheers, Colin.

Too be honest! my Manta is sitting in the garage, wasting road tax and collecting dust! I just can't seem to find the time to attend all the shows :( bloody depressing :(

John wot were the burds like in the burger vans? :D

Dirty finger nails can be sooooo sexy :lol::lol: :lol: (pun)

Hi Jock.

Missed yur first ooting @ Doune fur poxy work :( will be up to Doune nixt weekend :thumbup the young guns going up anawe wi nova.

cheers rab.

That's the trouble with checking dates and stuff on the forum, it's always possible to miss something. Dave W.was going to go to Thirlestane but backed out 'cause the "A" was aquaplaning on his drive-way before he even got in it!

Jock I would happily help with the passes etc. for a show if it's near to me and I'm attending anyway. Would think most folks would do the same. My problem is I don't get many free weekends due to shifts.

I'll not make Doune,Knockhill or the Ford day......working.

I will make Billing though :D , cannae wait.

John.

Knockhill 27th for track action, sunshine and girls B)

I will be there for the track action and no doubt Rab will be there for the girls to get more pics wi his car!!

If your planning on coming add yer name to the list below and if you have your pass or not. That way I can save a space and meet you at the gate with yer pass.

PM me if you want to collect your pass before the weekend, cheers

Scott (got pass) :thumbup

Rab (no pass) collect from Jock

Brian (no pass) meet at gate

Edited by Scott

Knockhill 27th for track action, sunshine and girls B)

I will be there for the track action and no doubt Rab will be there for the girls to get more pics wi his car!!

If your planning on coming add yer name to the list below and if you have your pass or not. That way I can save a space and meet you at the gate with yer pass.

PM me if you want to collect your pass before the weekend, cheers

Scott (got pass) :thumbup

Rab. [not got pass] Will contact Jock during week, as he was busy re @ hillclimb :thumbup

Rab. [not got pass] Will contact Jock during week, as he was busy re @ hillclimb :thumbup

be in all week rab exept after 8 on wed n fri gym nights , ford show tickets should be here this week aswell, i wanted to go to speed fair too its a shame they changed there dates , might get up after race if we finnish early on sunday :D

be in all week rab exept after 8 on wed n fri gym nights , ford show tickets should be here this week aswell, i wanted to go to speed fair too its a shame they changed there dates , might get up after race if we finnish early on sunday :D

Jock, wull pop doon Thursday night :thumbup shopping chinky`s Fri and Sat noo hivin tae work, so wull bi up Sunday Knockhill.

cheers rab.

passes here for ford show this weekend here , will try and get along early get folks at gate with passes but its never a prob getting in without it , road will be closed coming from alloa side so will have to go by stirling or coming from glasgow , edinburgh motorway come in by dunblane roundabout , bloody road works :(

passes here for ford show this weekend here , will try and get along early get folks at gate with passes but its never a prob getting in without it , road will be closed coming from alloa side so will have to go by stirling or coming from glasgow , edinburgh motorway come in by dunblane roundabout , bloody road works :(

Kin you know go via Blair Logie und up thi back owe walli monument und through thi Uni and pop oot on other side past thi road works und save gangin into Stirling? up Aberfoyle working und road closed fay Thornhill so feckin de tour this end owe country an awe,val will have thi same in morning.

cheers rab.

i think the uni will be on gaurd for that rab , plus have they not got barriers up now , well ask greg he ran into them with his honda lol, a will go by the corton prison get a wave from the girls on the way pass :o