Paint Colour

gte 2.0

As i am new to the manta scene could someone please tell me what colour the inside of the boot should be in a 1988 white GTE Exclusive?

Also would the car be polar white or glacier white?

Many thanks.

inside of the boot lid or inside on the sides of the boot?

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

As i am new to the manta scene could someone please tell me what colour the inside of the boot should be in a 1988 white GTE Exclusive?

Also would the car be polar white or glacier white?

Many thanks.

I resprayed a white GTE some years ago and it was Polar white,i wouldnt think that they would change it for the Exclusive model.To be sure look for the paint code,hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Funnily enough, I have a white GTE which I'm putting back to a 'tidy' looking state. I can only dream of restoring the qualities of the guys on here. Anyways, recently I've been thinking about giving here a new coat of paint, especially whilst the engine is out. Now I checked the paint code, E542 which translates to the rather dull Polar white. I much prefer the Galcier White, but as I say, I'd like to put it back to how Adam intended. How anal should I be? I always wanted a squeaky clean Manta, Chassis the same colour as the body, boot and engine bay gleaming, but then the boot is- as stated- bloody matt black?!!?! Any guidance from you Guru's?

PS. sorry for hi-jacking your thread!!! LOL