Manta B Nosecone In Good Condition

monkeynuts

Not sure if anyone wants this but I needed one a few years back to repair my coupe, so I shall offer it anyway.

i'm gonna cut it off the car tomorrow (weather depending)

in above average condition

some stone chips have started to rust but are easily repairable

offers

(pictures to follow)

Can you please provide a price, or a guideline to the price that you require for this nosecone please, as per the rules of the OMOC :thumbup

I don't have any idea what this would be worth, probably only as much as somebody is willing to pay!

i will investigate the price of a courier when i know the location it has to be sent.

but to adhere to the rules I shall advertise it as £9642.33 or best offer!!

Hmm it's hard to price a nosecone! normally I could give you an estimated price easily! But Julian is spot-on about the rules :thumbup

I think Dr Manta wants £500 for a new one! so subtract £100 and £400 sounds about right for a brand new one. A used one, in good condition has to be worth £200. If your one is in fair condition .i.e only need afew hours work AND you've removed the spot welds! I reckon somewhere between £150-£100. If it's needing work and its just been cut it off! between £50-£100. Picture's would help.

This is only my opinion, as you've rightly pointed out: 'it's only worth what someone is willing to pay'

BTW whats the inner-wings like?

Cheers,

Keith

I picked one up from Rutts earlier in the year for about £50

That was a full front end chopped through the inner wings.

Had another full front end (for a different car) from FJZ400 the year before for about £75 and that was even the right colour :D

thanks for the feedback guys

£50 will buy it

Hmm it's hard to price a nosecone! normally I could give you an estimated price easily! But Julian is spot-on about the rules :thumbup

I think Dr Manta wants £500 for a new one! so subtract £100 and £400 sounds about right for a brand new one. A used one, in good condition has to be worth £200. If your one is in fair condition .i.e only need afew hours work AND you've removed the spot welds! I reckon somewhere between £150-£100. If it's needing work and its just been cut it off! between £50-£100. Picture's would help.

This is only my opinion, as you've rightly pointed out: 'it's only worth what someone is willing to pay'

BTW whats the inner-wings like?

Cheers,

Keith

the inner wings are mostly ok but have some surface rust towards the back of the engine bay. i would say they would be ok for repairing small areas.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

i have removed the front panel from the car and discovered the lower half has rust on the drivers side behind where the bumper is situated and there is filler in places that i did not see before. i would now describe it as repairable but not for someone who is after a perfect nosecone. the top half of the nose is the best bit so if you need it to repair rot above headlamps it would be ideal. this being said i can still send pictures if you want and if any body still wants it £35 buys it. you will need to arrange your own courier or collect in person.

i apologise for the inaccurate description and in no way meant to mislead anyone but i'm sure you all no how the tin worm creeps up on you.

thanks