For Sale

asconacrazy

Here we have my opel ascona berlina 2L auto, 4 door, brown in colour, very solid for the year,

I have know this car for the last 13/14 years as it was a family friends, after i was taken of the road it was stripped of all its trim and all the inner panel coated with red oxide and then waxoiled everywhere ie up inside the every nock and cranny possible!. the car was then sat for 10 years in dry store up till last year when i was offered it as i always wanted it.

it had a scabby rear drivers arch so that was cut out and replaced and just needs filling and painting apart from that it only needs the battery tray repairing to be legal for a mot.

when i got the road it had half a tank of fuel and i stuck a battery and new coil on it and she fired up and ran ok concidering the age of the fuel!!!!! i would say it needs the carb looking at and some new petrol.

the auto box has done less than 1000 miles since being rebuilt just before being taken off the road all them years ao at the cost of 800 pounds.

the interior is in good condition and as it left the factory

the outside of the car is solid but does suffer from dent and knocks from over the years it been stored, this is the parts of the car i was going to deal with with some general bodywork and a freash coat of paint to bring it up its former glory

im gutted i have to let this motor go after years of wanting it for myself but due to a relationship break up she has to go to a good home! if i could store it i would but i just dont have the space now.

the is loads of parts to go with the car to aid the rebuild including a good bonnet wing and 2 doors another wind screen and rear window, crome trims etc.

i know these cars are getting very rare theses days and cant be many left as solid as this 1.

im not sure what its worth but know they make good money when there in top condition.

if you would like to know more please contact me on 07871334346

many thanks

Nathan

You need to upload the pictures to a photo hosting site like Photobucket, then copy the "img tag" that shows up below the picture, so what you put in the reply box should look something like [ img] www.photobucket.com/yourpicturename.jpg [ /img].

Hope that makes sense, otherwise feel free to e-mail me the pictures here and I'll post them up on here!

Edited by spiney_norman

You need to upload the pictures to a photo hosting site like Photobucket, then copy the "img tag" that shows up below the picture, so what you put in the reply box should look something like [ img] www.photobucket.com/yourpicturename.jpg [ /img].

Hope that makes sense, otherwise feel free to e-mail me the pictures here and I'll post them up on here!

nice 1 thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

the price was set as a guide as no one was able to help me much on what to price it for,

as for the colour it may be brown but iv seen them in worse colourssmile.gifpersonally i like the colour and think its retro cool biggrin.gif

taking in consideration the parts that come with the ascona what must be worth a bit on there own and the fact its an ascona not a cavalier must make it more sort after.

im willing to take in a px or swap as im after a diesel truck, van, or bigger family size car, but it must be diesel!! must be able to tow a big trailer with it for work.

to get this car on the road it needs the following, 1 bit of welding new battery tray thats it, set of tyres and get it running right as far as im aware.

800 ono

• 3 weeks later...

SOLD,

My mate Rob has bought this car last week. We dragged it back from Peterborough the other night. He's put fresh fuel in it today, fitted a proper exhaust instead of the crappy sidepipe and swapped a spare set of Rostyles onto it. I'm going to have it on the ramps on Sunday to see what's needed for the test. He's on about running it as his daily driver as soon as possible and is wanting a set of 13" ATS's for it. I've been trying to convince him to Red top it, slam the suspension right down to the floor and get some retro 7 or 8x15's but he's having none of it (boring). He's got most of the bits for the conversion already so the way I see it, he's no excuse not to! It's looking to me like it might fail the MOT on the wheels being too small, springs too long and emissions being sky high requiring a new engine. I think this car would make a really good sleeper a bit like that gold XE'd Ascona on here. I'll soon talk him round... Give us your opinion on what you think he should do to the car... Standard or Street fighter? Luke.

John,

Don't worry mate, we trailered it home. It's not seen the road for years and has no tax or test. It looks pretty solid so far, the swan necks are mint and so are the sills, even though it's a sunroof model. I think Rob will be laughing later when he see's he's won on the other post for keeping it standard. It probably won't take too much to get it back on the road and should be sorted and roadworthy in the next fortnight. Another Retro Opel back on the road..... Luke

Good to hear its being saved :thumbup as its a 'braw looking motor'. To be fair! we all have different abilities,tools and money. We all do our best :thumbup

If it was mine? New oil/plugs/leads/points/dis cap then I'd set the tappets/timing :thumbup If it was still 'lacking' i'd give the cab a 'good' clean ;)

Roof:

I reckon it would suit a nice glass sunroof :D alot cheaper than replacing the panel.

If I was thinking about changing the engine (if the old one was knackered) I'd fit a GT/E CIH fuel injection ;)

cheers,

Keith

Cheers Keith,

We'll know what work needs doing once it's been on the ramp. I'll keep you updated on here.It should make a good daily driver for Rob. He's replacing his unreliable new Honda with this trusty old Ascona. Luke.

Edited by 399Road

Work required was as follows....

N/S Steering rack boot

O/S/F Drop link

O/S/F Indicator bulb

Screen wash bottle & motor missing

Number plate light missing

All 4 tyres

Both rear wheel cylinders & a set of brake shoes

Both wiper arms & wipers missing

New rear exhaust silencer

Patch up battery tray

Horn inop

Its going back for its M.O.T tomorrow, Some of the new parts came with the car & some i've scrounged from friends. The only thing i've had to buy is a set of spark plugs & an inline fuel filter! Thanks to the people who have donated parts & their time to this project, they know who they are.

All the best, bhp.......