Hi Love Opel Mantas But Getting A Capri

shadowhound

All I can say is have a look at all the projects some are out of this world and some will just do trouble is this day and age, time and of coarse money play a big part, for me it doesn't matter what they look like as long as their on the road, as for power I think mine has got about 100 ponies .don't want any more cos if you want the brakes to work you have to write them a letter, I'm building a 2.4 , that will have good brakes

thats the same reason i love capris i find them beautiful and want one to keep on the road my mums bf have tried to get me to buy an opel manta but i currently only have £700 saved up so can't really get one for that. haha u make me laugh about the writing the breaks a letter lmao XD

Hi Shadonhound and welcome.

I have owned both Capris and mantas, and in my opinion the manta is a much better handleing car.

As far as maintinance goes the manta is very easy to work on, but I would suspect that parts are easyer to find for the capri. Vauxhall/Opel just don't have the same amount of support that Ford do for the old cars. :angry:

As Casper has said, have a look through the prodjects and you may just change your mind. :D

I had a 2.8i Capri a few years ago, really cool car but as far as rust issues go theres not much in it between old Fords and Opels/Vauxhalls.

I far prefer the Manta handling over the Capri and you have far more room inside a Manta.

My old Capri had to go due to the above mentioned rustworm...

IMG_0153.jpg

Overall I do prefer the Manta...

P1010317.jpg

Saying that I'd easy have another Capri, can't beat the sound of a big V6 :D

Cheers, Peter.

Hi shadowhound,

Still one of the best cars I have owned was mi 1600E from many moons ago. Still have a drool when I see them thi day at shows,at the NEC this year there was awe Savage at one of the entrance doors jist stunning motor, Welcome along.

1600E.jpg

cheers rab,

Edited by Rab

Que Harry

Hmmm! I like Opel Manta's, but then again I like ford Capri's, but which is the better? There's only one way to find out............

Actually as per the topic title, I love Opel Manta's which is exactly the reason why I'm not getting a Capri, but actually have a Manta on my drive B) Oh and a Skyline cos I love them too B)B)

Edited by opel2000

I too love most old motors and not particuarly faithful to just one badge, i don't see the fun in that. But mantas and capris are definately 2 of my faves and i like them both in different ways. I now don't have either but will probably take another manta as the mrs prefers them so anything to keep her happy!

A few photos when i had both for a while, this doesn't shed the capri in the best light as mines was pretty rusty by then:

5720683_mantacapri3.jpg

5720684_mantacapri1.jpg

5720685_mantacapri2.jpg

Edited by monster