Cavalier Mk1 Exhaust

Hi,

You may need the part numbers as most garages have binned their exhaust catalogues with Manta exhausts in.

The middle section for the hatch is Bosal part number 185-813. Beware if somebody tried to supply you with 185-711 as that's for the coupé and will not fit. Sorry I don't know the back box number for the hatch.

I found Lincolnshire Tyres in Market Rasen pretty helpful. They managed to track down a centre and back box for my coupe last year. Their number is 01673 849777.

Look to pay around £90 to £100 inc Vat.

Good luck!

Not sure by your post if your after an 'of the shelve'item or not.I run a Audi Coupe (1994 2.0 16v)and i took my car to a local place called BMC (Birmingham Motorist Centre)where they made me a bespoke,cat back stainless system.It came out at £325.00 inc vat,which some may say is not cheap-which it isn't,but if you consider that i'm 'in the trade' and sell exhausts,and the price of a 'standard' WALKER system to me (at cost) was only £60 cheaper!you can see my point.I'll give you their phone number,0121 328 1080.It was fitted 12/5/09 and so far,i've not had any problems at all.

Hth,cheers. :thumbup

Not sure by your post if your after an 'of the shelve'item or not.I run a Audi Coupe (1994 2.0 16v)and i took my car to a local place called BMC (Birmingham Motorist Centre)where they made me a bespoke,cat back stainless system.It came out at £325.00 inc vat,which some may say is not cheap-which it isn't,but if you consider that i'm 'in the trade' and sell exhausts,and the price of a 'standard' WALKER system to me (at cost) was only £60 cheaper!you can see my point.I'll give you their phone number,0121 328 1080.It was fitted 12/5/09 and so far,i've not had any problems at all.

Hth,cheers. :thumbup

Thanks to all who have replied to my request. I will follow up.

Off the shelf system would be good as I don't have a pattern for anyone to copy. The system that is fitted is pretty much straight through with one 'lone' box, and if it's anything like the system fitted to another car I had from the same supplier, that will be a straight through box as well. - Would make a good telescope !! Would be nice to fit a standard sytem to start with, although some cutting and shutting will be necessary. I think what I ideally need is 2000 sportshatch centre and rear sections with a 1600 front pipe.

another list of numbers to check for ( same items just different manufacturers way of id )

front pipe without box VL227 (1.6/1.9)

front pipe WITH box VL239 (2.0)

all cam in head front pipes saloon,coupe or hatch interchangeable.

coupe/saloon middle box VL228

hatch middle box VL260

coupe/saloon back box VL229 / VL229E

hatch back box VL261

all are now hard to get hold of.if at all. i got mine by ringing various exhaust stockists to see what old stock they had hidden away.or they do pop up on ebay from time to time although this will probably get less & less as time goes by.

also worth noting a variation on the hatch back boxes. i have had two both VL261 but one had a straight out tail pipe & one had a curved down tail pipe.

another list of numbers to check for ( same items just different manufacturers way of id )

front pipe without box VL227 (1.6/1.9)

front pipe WITH box VL239 (2.0)

all cam in head front pipes saloon,coupe or hatch interchangeable.

coupe/saloon middle box VL228

hatch middle box VL260

coupe/saloon back box VL229 / VL229E

hatch back box VL261

all are now hard to get hold of.if at all. i got mine by ringing various exhaust stockists to see what old stock they had hidden away.or they do pop up on ebay from time to time although this will probably get less & less as time goes by.

also worth noting a variation on the hatch back boxes. i have had two both VL261 but one had a straight out tail pipe & one had a curved down tail pipe.

Hi guys,i actually have a new-old stock VL227 in my shed if you want it £25 + post.Leave it with you,cheers :thumbup