For What Its Worth..

daisybump

I have a spare front wing for a opel ascona b, its the real deal genuine opel/gm item still has the part number sticker on it,, has a few storage dents but nothing serious, dont really need to keep it as i have a good used pair for mine, unavailable nos stuff fetches silly money, more than i would ever be prepared to pay for such an item, could spend the cash on something i need rather than having a panel i will never use lying around..

So my question to you is, Whats it worth, how to value such a thing..? :unsure:

It´s really hard to say. The last set of Manta B front wings in Denmark that was sold from a Opel dealership here went for 400£ a piece.

The problem is though that they are available as repro´s for a fair buck.. Of course yours are original and all that, but you can get a nice set from several manufacturers still, ex partport.pl, ps autoteile, dr-manta (dr-manta bought the original GM molds, and are making repros that are exactly like the originals...) etc etc. Not to mention the ones you can buy that are in fibreglass and never will rust... ?

So as i said, it is difficult to put i price on such an item, i think you need to find a buyer for whom it is essential that the part is original Opel/GM ?

Edited by monzta

Decent ascona b genuine front wings are worth more than manta ones, put it that way!! I would say between £200 and £300, you would sell it straight away at the lower figure (to me for example lol) but it would sell at the higher figure to someone that wanted one in a hurry

Ps the non genuine ascona wings, ..... would prob be able the make a kadett one fit as well lol

All;

I have with Stuarts assistance removed several posts from this thread as the original post was not an acceptable post and does not meet the forum guidelines.

Julian and Ascona400R apologies for removing your comments on the post. Hope you understand why I took this approach. If you have any concerns please drop me a PM.

I have written to the member who put up the original non conforming post and explain that the post was not in line with forum guidelines.

I hope all will understand why I took this approach.

John

Edited by 2908642343

Ooh what's happened there?

Anyway, we have fitted/ tried to fit a few ascona wings (see our website if you don't already know it) and genuine ones are worth good money as they fit. As for an exact figure, I don't know but the least I would take would be £200

Ps we have fitted manta doors with ascona frames, yes the skins are the same

All;

I have with Stuarts assistance removed several posts from this thread as the original post was not an acceptable post and does not meet the forum guidelines.

Julian and Ascona400R apologies for removing your comments on the post. Hope you understand why I took this approach. If you have any concerns please drop me a PM.

I have written to the member who put up the original non conforming post and explain that the post was not in line with forum guidelines.

I hope all will understand why I took this approach.

John

I fully agree with your decision, because by removing the post, you agree with our postings :thumbup

Sorry about my remarks, i´ve had one of those days you know.. I figure 200£ would be a good price taking in consideration that it need a bit of work due to the dents. 300 is over the top, but hey, if you can get it, take it laugh.gif

Still i would try to post it on ebay and see what it fetches, you can set a minimum price at 200?

Don't worry no offence taken.. all opinions are welcome and your right £300 is a lot of money for a wing..

Don't know what happened or offensive posts were left that it had to be edited, and the original post is the same as i typed it yesterday, and i have received no message from any mods..

:thumbup