Lowered Manta

lammy

I am looking to drop the suspension on my Manta but dont know what would be the best drop.The car is standard so has a big space between tyre and arch and i just want this filled without making the car a nightmare to drive.

What is the best drop to do to achive this.

Cheers

Raymond.

Hi Raymond, which model of Manta is it? The GTE's are lower as standard to that may be something to look at?

I have used 40mm springs in the past with good results and if anything, makes the car drive much better, not like a boat and not overly hard either.

Any lower than that and things get really harsh.

Scott.

You can lower the front quite a bit without any problems but in my experience I would not lower the back more than about 20mm, when lowering the back the geometry goes out of alignment, by this I mean the panhard rod/position of axle and the angle of the axle to propshaft. 400lb front springs are ok for road use but far too soft for the track. 180lb rear springs will suit both scenarios.

If its not a hatch i wouldnt worry about lowering the rear. I have used 60/60 KAW springs on several cars with very good results. But when lowering more than 40mm you will need shorter shocks like KONI or similar. 40/40 makes the car look and drive like it should have done from the factory.. And yes you will need a adjustable panhard rod theese are available in German Ebay or you can simply make one yourself (i have done that)..

Edited by monzta

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone. I also have a Manta B and I want to lower it since it looks like a bloody tractor right now. The problem is I can't find any reference pictures. I am deciding between 60/60 and 80/80, because mine is 1.6S B1 model with 19E engine and 7Jx15 wheels. Any help would be really appriciated.

Cheers, Christian

Edited by Ventildekl

Hello, everyone. I also have a Manta B and I want to lower it since it looks like a bloody tractor right now. The problem is I can't find any reference pictures. I am deciding between 60/60 and 80/80, because mine is 1.6S B1 model with 19E engine and 7Jx15 wheels. Any help would be really appriciated.

Cheers, Christian

Hi Christian, An chance of some larger pics of your car, it looks rather tasty.

I'm glad that you like it, but this is just a photoshoped picture of one random Manta, and just represents my exact plan for my car. I already have everything except the lowering springs. On pictures 60/60 looks pretty decent, but when I take measuring tape 60 mm doesn't look enough to me. I can't decide until I see a Manta with 80/80 mm drop and 15 inch wheels.

Cheers, Christian