Exclusive Rear Bumpers

davo

Are exclusive rear bumpers different for a hatch and a coupe.

I fitted an exclusive bumper to my coupe, whilst it fits it only does so by touching the body and it needs a good push to get the side holes to line up. It's a very snug fit.

Edited by davo

The standard rear bumpers are different. Looking from the top the coupe bumper is straight while the hatch one has a slight curve. I fitted a hatch one to my coupe and there was a large gap in the middle and it was nearly touching at the corners below the lights.

Car is locked up at the farm so can't check,but don't think I had any gap.

Very snug fit,which I like,but it touches as you described just below the rear lights

I was sold bumper as a coupe one!

I fitted one of these exclusive bumpers to my old hatch,it was very snug fit at the corners so snug it was rubbing the bodywork. although they look nice i wasnt very impessed with the fit of it .hence i left it on the car when i sold it and now just have the standard bumper on my current manta.

it always seemed very flimsy too and when it got hot on a sunny day creaked with expansion/contraction against the bodywork.

I always thought they were different, the hatch is wider at the rear. The coupe is longer and continues to taper inwards

Easiest way to tell is the hatch has little cut outs underneath the sides to give socket access up to the nut of the mount

Or at least

IMG_1583Medium.jpg