Halfords Advanced Professional 150 Piece Socket & Ratchet Spanner Set With £120 Off

Could not resist putting this on here, i have an halfords pro set and have to say it is quality along with a lifetime guarantee, it is normally £199.99 but on offer at just £79.99 BARGAIN!! (Deal of the Day)

Never seen this so cheap before and seems plenty of stock around, sure someone will benefit from this buy.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_862421_langId_-1_categoryId_255215?cm_mmc=E-Mail-_-Wk39DD23-_-Tday-_-150pc&_$ja=tsid:55653|cgn:DD23|kw:150S&cm_em=hon_w@lineone.net&_$ja=kw:drytinder|tsid:40392&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-PerformanceHorizon-_-drytinder-_-TopLink

Edited by Carrswood
  • Like 1

It is a good deal I have one and had it for a few years, I had broken one or two pieces, but Halfords would not entertain me without the receipt, so if you do buy one keep a hold of it as they will not want to know you otherwise.

Mmmm, I have a large Halfords Pro socket set, but the comment regarding no exchange without receipt has got me thinking.....

As they are own brand goods & each piece is marked up as Halfords Pro, or something, the neccessity for a receipt it a bit strange, the goods could not have been purchased anywhere other than Halfords.

I have asked Halfords for their comments, at no time when I purchased mine a number of years ago did the sales assistant tell me keep the receipt, he blabbed on about lifetime warranty, all bits marked up & exchange for life for any failures.

Remind you of PPI?

I have also written to Trading Standards in Worcester where Halfords head office is asking for clarification.

Bee firmly in bonnet.... I will let you know what I hear.

But, gotta say, it is pretty good gear, especially when on offer, go get it & maybe keep the receipt :mellow:

Edited by plumster

Mmmm, I have a large Halfords Pro socket set, but the comment regarding no exchange without receipt has got me thinking.....

As they are own brand goods & each piece is marked up as Halfords Pro, or something, the neccessity for a receipt it a bit strange, the goods could not have been purchased anywhere other than Halfords.

I have asked Halfords for their comments, at no time when I purchased mine a number of years ago did the sales assistant tell me keep the receipt, he blabbed on about lifetime warranty, all bits marked up & exchange for life for any failures.

Remind you of PPI?

I have also written to Trading Standards in Worcester where Halfords head office is asking for clarification.

But, gotta say, it is pretty good gear, especially when on offer, go get it & maybe keep the receipt :mellow:

Exactly what I said when I tried to get replacements at the time, I even had the full set in the shop with me and told the manager that I look after my tools etc but the reply was you could have bought these at a car boot sale or somewhere else to which I replied they are still Halfords and that I got these as a Christmas gift and was told no receipt no replacements! I even called head office at the time who said as a goodwill gesture they would replace them but I did not like the manager of the stores attitude so declined their offer for that reason.

I will be very interested in what trading standards have to say about this.

Sorry "Maher the hermit" at time of posting it was deal of the day for £79.99 but it is still on offer for £94.99 and if ordered on web before midnight xmas day you get 10% off the £94.99 making it still a bargain at £85.49 just read the many reviews on this set, believe me its excellent value for money.

Remind you of PPI?

If you read the reviews on halfords site, some people have managed to break the odd item and have had it replaced no questions asked, i have lifted the plastic sleeve out that holds the sockets ect and placed the receipt there for safe keeping. Hope Alzheimers does not kick in should i break something lol or i will have forgot where the receipt is !!!