Genuine And Original Manta 400 1984

Dear Manta nuts,

This is something I have to let you all know about. On the Car and Classic website I have found a Genuine and Original Manta 400 1984 for sale with 70,000 miles from new. There is no price on it and it is for sale in Germany and looks to be in a Classic Car Dealership since it's sitting next to another classic.

I think no matter what the price is I might be slightly short on finance for this beast!

What a rare find, not everyday you see a Genuine 400 for sale in totally original condition. Anybody got around £50K I could borrow?

Manta 400: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C511409

Jack.

• Like 1

Well the 400 is a seriously rare car anyway and the last time I saw one it was at Billing 07 or 08 can't remember which one of the two it was. I know there is only 1 RHD 400 and the last time I checked it was on SORN, don't know where it is either.

@ Jack - i found and bought a 1 owner original 400 Manta needing some tlc. She has every docket in a folder from the day she was built..... havn't it in my name so still a one owner and i'd would hazzard a guess that it is the only surviving 1 owner 400 Manta in existence.

She has 82k kms (51.5k mile) from new - never has turned a wheel since 1995. Been stored inside since then.

A hell of alot less than 50k will buy her - hoke out your hard earned cash from under the floor boards and give me a shout....lol

Edited by ascona400r
  • Like 1

@ Jack - i found and bought a 1 owner original 400 Manta needing some tlc. She has every docket in a folder from the day she was built..... havn't it in my name so still a one owner and i'd would hazzard a guess that it is the only surviving 1 owner 400 Manta in existence.

She has 82k kms (51.5k mile) from new - never has turned a wheel since 1995. Been stored inside since then.

A hell of alot less than 50k will buy her - hoke out your hard earned cash from under the floor boards and give me a shout....lol

That's a very nice offer mate and to own a Genuine 400 would be really special as my first Manta too! My hard earned cash won't be enough to bag a 400 I've only just managed to get enough for this years insurance on my Clio! If I had that 400 I would drive it non stop and maybe I would need to fix it up a little if it hasn't turned a wheel since 1995.

How much would you be asking for your 400?

Jack.

That's a very nice offer mate and to own a Genuine 400 would be really special as my first Manta too! My hard earned cash won't be enough to bag a 400 I've only just managed to get enough for this years insurance on my Clio! If I had that 400 I would drive it non stop and maybe I would need to fix it up a little if it hasn't turned a wheel since 1995.

How much would you be asking for your 400?

Jack.

Just managed to pay my own van insurance in fairness so i know the feeling. It hasn't done anything since 1995 but that sounds worse than it is. Always been dry stored which saved her. It's a car i done have not much interest in to be fair as i prefer my Ascona's. But i just had to buy it when i got the chance. I truthfully couldn't put a price on it. Some one will walk in to where she is sitting some day and bid me for her - and if i think its a fair price then she will be gone.........