Manta Rear Fog Light Lens

Daza

My objective is to ensure that the car passes an MOT. 

My understanding of the MOT was that if it was fitted by the factory that it was subject to the MOT. A cracked fog light lens would be subject to an MOT Fail or advisory?

Are you saying that theres a spare socket for Fog lights in the tail light assembly?

My objective is to ensure that the car passes an MOT. 

My understanding of the MOT was that if it was fitted by the factory that it was subject to the MOT. A cracked fog light lens would be subject to an MOT Fail or advisory?

Are you saying that theres a spare socket for Fog lights in the tail light assembly?[/quote

Yes daza, the one beside the reverse lens is a reflector. I remove tail light. Pilot drill, cone cutter. This can be you new foglight.

remove your existing fog light, it has two wires a earth, and a 12v switched.

you can buy a bulb holder, with two wires. Any motor factors.earth one wire, put a spade on the other, connect, job done. You could also do the passangers side!

Reasons why? It gets rid of the unsightly, lens, that hangs below bumper, it keeps it inside, nice and dry,

It balances the look of the back of the car.

Sounds smart!

Silly question, But is that legal as a fog light?

Yes. Mine has been modified so there is one reversing lamp and the other side is the fog lamp. Just used a red bulb.

Unfortunately its 85 86..

So something does need to be done with it.

Thanks guys!

D

It will only fail the mot if it is insecure or white light can be seen.

You could just use a decent glue to hold it together for the mot.

It can't actually fail for just being cracked.