Hi, newby again

josh j

Hi, was a member on here way back but sold my A series and got back into Harleys lol. im gonna try and find my old car and see if its for sale, did a lot of work on it but lost my storage. great seeing the mantas again so be great to tag along.cheers

Hi josh,

loads of activity and helpful lads on here but I'll bet they have all been dragged out of their workshops by the ear to do some last minute Christmas shopping! Some sacrifices need to be made to keep the other half in the good books.

grea t hear you want back into the mantas again. Hope you track your A series down again. 

• Like 1

Hi Josh and welcome back, hope you find your car and get back in to Manta ownership again.

Sometimes this site suffers from Facebook (not affiliated to OMOC, but run by current members) users and not as active as it used to be on here.

Although faceache is good media for instant answers and photos it doesn't have the structure of the forum which is slowly updating as time goes on.

Have you got pictures of your old car to post up?

• Like 1

no, sorry no many didgital cameras in them days lol. I bought it from a member on here from stirling in Scotland.took just over a year to restore but never took any fotos,think it headed over to fife some way cos I seen it in a classified a few weeks later at twice the price with all the work the guy had done to it lol

Agree it does seem a little quiet on here compared to other forum I'm on (f30 post). Maybe the moderators could set up a general chat section - where you just go on to speak your mind about non manta issues and get to know each other better 

Just a thought. 

• Like 1

Maybe the moderators could set up a general chat section - where you just go on to speak your mind about non manta issues and get to know each other better 

There is in the members section, when it was in the open section we had a problem with non club members 'slagging' each other off, didn't make the club look very good.

• Like 1

There is in the members section, when it was in the open section we had a problem with non club members 'slagging' each other off, didn't make the club look very good.

Didnt realise that - but can appreciate what your saying 

Maybe yet another reason to join OMOC then !!!!

Edited by Kal001
autocorrect

Hi josh, Glad to see another enthusiast up this way! There are a few guys between Dundee and Aberdeen , we have adhoc get togethers from time to tme. Chap in stone haven Andrew, Jim in montrose, myself in Aberdeen and Mark , was a chap in inverurie and a lassie in Huntly, not sure if they have cars at the moment. Maybe get together when Jim gets the montrose meeting set, like I say we are very adhoc........ I do fancy a manta A one day! 

Rgds

gerry