Heater Housing Adhesive

Im replacing the heater housing in the A series (big black part in the engine bay!) and it seems to have some sort of black adhesive sticking it to the bulkhead. Any ideas what they originally used? I dont want to seal it in with silicon just in case i ever have to remove it. Looks a bit like the stuff the wings were sealed on with but a bit less flexible?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Tiger seal is for bodykits etc, or seam sealing,  it is flexible, but if you stick a heaterbox in with it, you could lift the car by the heater box with a crane! Tuff stuff

If you want to remove it again, I would use windscreen rubber sealer, waterproof, seals, and will not set solid.

Ive used tigerseal to repair rubber covering on heater box, used masking tape on inside to hold rubber in shape, filled with tiger, smoothed out, leave it a week, grinder used to remove access, nice an carefully, you can see the difference in colour, but was thinking of sanding it all over and using rubber paint sprayed on, should work, and saved a impossible to find manta part. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Tiger seal is for bodykits etc, or seam sealing,  it is flexible, but if you stick a heaterbox in with it, you could lift the car by the heater box with a crane! Tuff stuff

If you want to remove it again, I would use windscreen rubber sealer, waterproof, seals, and will not set solid.

Ive used tigerseal to repair rubber covering on heater box, used masking tape on inside to hold rubber in shape, filled with tiger, smoothed out, leave it a week, grinder used to remove access, nice an carefully, you can see the difference in colour, but was thinking of sanding it all over and using rubber paint sprayed on, should work, and saved a impossible to find manta part. 

Deffinitely true about Tigerseal, but it works 😂 Great idea about making a seal with it, will pinch that for future.

Once made the mistake of using Sikoflex, never use that stuff, that is permanently on !

1 hour ago, paulmanta said:

The new roof panels for my warehouse came with rolls of this stuff ready formed for use sealing the joints. 

I have tons of it left over, after Christmas pm me and you can have some. 

Thanks mate. I will measure up how much it takes to seal it and will drop you a PM.

Andy