Clutch cable ends....

Sutty2006

Are there two different clutch cables for Mantas? Reason I ask, my 5 speed has a threaded rod with a lock nut on the end. Happy. But the B series has an old cable on with a domed end, and a new cable I have has the same dome end on it..... is it right? If so, how does it attach to the clutch arm? 

this is the end I’ve got. And is a clutch cable on eBay listed as Manta B. 

DA251DCD-FDFA-4B2F-B823-A811B0E131E4.png

24 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Are there two different clutch cables for Mantas? Reason I ask, my 5 speed has a threaded rod with a lock nut on the end. Happy. But the B series has an old cable on with a domed end, and a new cable I have has the same dome end on it..... is it right? If so, how does it attach to the clutch arm? 

this is the end I’ve got. And is a clutch cable on eBay listed as Manta B. 

DA251DCD-FDFA-4B2F-B823-A811B0E131E4.png

It depends on your gearbox clutch arm. Early ones had the adjustment at the bulkhead with the domed end, later four speed gearboxes had a similar set up to the five speed with the adjustment at the gearbox end using the threaded rod.

28 minutes ago, Snowy said:

It depends on your gearbox clutch arm. Early ones had the adjustment at the bulkhead with the domed end, later four speed gearboxes had a similar set up to the five speed with the adjustment at the gearbox end using the threaded rod.

Interesting. I bet I have the later arm, as it’s just a hole in it, for the threaded rod to go through. I can’t see a way of attaching the domed cable end to the clutch arm, nor that picture up top, I just can’t see a way of getting it to attach. At a guess, the early arm must have a slit in it to allow the domed end to hook over. 

13 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Interesting. I bet I have the later arm, as it’s just a hole in it, for the threaded rod to go through. I can’t see a way of attaching the domed cable end to the clutch arm, nor that picture up top, I just can’t see a way of getting it to attach. At a guess, the early arm must have a slit in it to allow the domed end to hook over. 

Yes the early type had what's easiest to describe as a key style slot with the small part domed to match the cable.

So you push the dome through the large opening and slid across into the smaller domed recess.

The adjustment was at the bulkhead using the same method of adjustment as a GTE throttle cable. A C clip and a ribbed metal outer for it to clip into.

• Like 1

There are a few different cables for manta b with threaded end for clutch fork. GTE is different from 1.8 even though they are same gearbox in reality.  Some are longer on the thread end. Can't remember which one is longest. Look for GM part numbers. 

• Like 1