Rear bump stops

¢ordy$hine

The underside of the bump stop is barbed, you can either use a screwdriver to ease the barb up or large water pump pliers to grip the rubber (like in the picture below stolen from a topic on this site). Worth warming the rubber slightly to make it more pliable and squirting a load of silicone spray/wd40 etc to help the rubber slide out easier.

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

Pull from one end and progressively work it out. Do not pull it out from the middle it may tear - I found out the hard way 😬

Maybe some WD-40. 

Time too mate, even working it, they could tear, so yours might have already been cracked slightly. Think it's just what we need to accept, good chance they will be scrap after removal 😟

On 06/02/2022 at 17:39, Jessopia74 said:

Time too mate, even working it, they could tear, so yours might have already been cracked slightly. Think it's just what we need to accept, good chance they will be scrap after removal 😟

Cheers buddy. 

I did try warming slightly and soaking in WD40 but it had signs of cracking before I started. Mines scrap now. Thank you guys for trying to guide me. 😊 

Need to find a replacement. I've found out the part number is 08957573. Has anyone found a more modern replacement part? 

Cheers. 

13 hours ago, H-400 said:

Found a German website but they asked 24€ for one without shipping... rediculous prices for a piece of rubber.

Found also this one:

https://shop.histomondial.de/suche?controller=search&s=Manta

Wow, thank you. Looks like great products and just what I'm looking for. Will contact them later today. 😊

On 06/02/2022 at 17:39, Jessopia74 said:

Cheers buddy. 

I did try warming slightly and soaking in WD40 but it had signs of cracking before I started. Mines scrap now. Thank you guys for trying to guide me. 😊 

Need to find a replacement. I've found out the part number is 08957573. Has anyone found a more modern replacement part? 

Cheers. 

• Like 1