5x120 axle and hubs

Maybe our Herman will know,,,,the diff housing does look smaller than a GSE one...or just use the axle shafts in a standard manta axle (may need shortening) ...and the front 5 stud discs can be fitted to Manta front stub axles with suitable sleeves for the bearings...rare items...

Not sure if drum axled shafts are shorter than those fitted with discs, as disc brake ones have a thick cast retaining collar attached to hold the shaft to the axle end...??????

• Like 1

Just now, Jonathan Pounsett said:

The diff housing looks the same as my GSE one, but it should have discs - could it be from a Rekord 🤷‍♂️

Looks smaller than mine. But it was not the issue of it been small or with drums, thinking that it would take the Manta lsd I have 

Looks like a record one to me or mk1 carlton

I had the same and chopped it up for the brackets

The half shafts are longer, hang on.... is this 5 stud?My mk1 carlton one was 4 stud

5 stud! hmmmm   no idea then after mutiple edits😆

Edited by Kevin Abbott
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Abbott said:

Looks like a record one to me or mk1 carlton

I had the same and chopped it up for the brackets

The half shafts are longer, hang on.... is this 5 stud?My mk1 carlton one was 4 stud

5 stud! hmmmm   no idea then after mutiple edits😆

Ty for help 😎 It’s and when your convinced and then you remember something else it throws it all into doubt haha. Great how the mind works Nat sometimes 🤣

• Haha 1

I purchased the axle form Shaun Broadbent, have been assured it was removed from a commodore. 
move whacked it on eBay as have a lot of interest but nothing has come of it. I’m not in Facebook anymore either so can’t advertise on there. 

Edited by Paul Barrett

25 minutes ago, Paul Barrett said:

I purchased the axle form Shaun Broadbent, have been assured it was removed from a commodore. 
move whacked it on eBay as have a lot of interest but nothing has come of it. I’m not in Facebook anymore either so can’t advertise on there. 

IIRC you are not wrong. There are 2 sizes fitted from memory and one is smaller, still well capable power wise, but it takes the same diff as Manta I believe