Opel Monza Manifold And Injectors

6 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Is it the thickness of the manifold that differs?  I see, to recall a mod with washers stacked, tacked on the edge and then cut with angle grinder back down to create a ledged washer. It was not on a manta but some other car that used a similar shared clamping bolt, perhaps mini. 

No its the width of the runners themselves thats the issue with the bolts. The standard hex heads with large washers don't have enough room because the side of the runner is further across. So its going to need the Cap head allen bolts that the 2.4's ran with smaller washers. Which are available from Edelschmeide as a set but don't seem available from the uk anywhere i've looked so far.

I'm going to modify a couple of standard bolts just to hold it against the head in position so i can refit the bonnet and check for clearance. Because if that hits theres a whole lot of other problems to solve first. As long as it clears i'll move onto how to get a linkage onto the throttle spindle as it didn't come with anything and the setup looks different to both GT/e and 2.2 manifolds

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mantasrme said:

No its the width of the runners themselves thats the issue with the bolts. The standard hex heads with large washers don't have enough room because the side of the runner is further across. So its going to need the Cap head allen bolts that the 2.4's ran with smaller washers. Which are available from Edelschmeide as a set but don't seem available from the uk anywhere i've looked so far.

I'm going to modify a couple of standard bolts just to hold it against the head in position so i can refit the bonnet and check for clearance. Because if that hits theres a whole lot of other problems to solve first. As long as it clears i'll move onto how to get a linkage onto the throttle spindle as it didn't come with anything and the setup looks different to both GT/e and 2.2 manifolds

Ah! Makes sense now, and ofc them been of an oddity of size 🤦‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

hi Pete,

what throttle linkage did you use please, as David Mantasport is having to make one up for my Monza manifold conversion? also the standard manifold bolts wont work with this setup as the heads are too big to clear the sides of the larger runners. The heads bolts are a 9mm diameter oddball size that aren't available in the UK, so these are being ordered from Mr Edelschmeide.