Not a manta, commodore A

Paul Barrett

22 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

turbo boat anchor lol

ive got a brand new Garrett hybrid that will be ideal for this, an intercooler, management, getrag 265, flywheel, injectors even a load of ally pipework. seems fate to me 

Depends what boost you want to run 😁 30psi go go go 🤪

• 1 month later...

Not much to report but made my own M9 manifold bolts, all gave their own length and cap head sizes to fit. 

keep plugging at it until it’s a full engine then I can tear it down to establish the comp ratio etc so I know what I’m dealing with and if anything needs upgrading. 

I am after a c30ne thermostat housing if anyone has one knocking around 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by Paul Barrett
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

Im not sure, it’s not 2ltr cih or 2.2(pretty sure the one I have is 2.2)

2.4 is different to the 2.0 &2.2 iirc. My Monza not at my Garage ( still at paint) but I can dig a 2.4 one out and get a pic for you.

Edited by Jessopia74

10 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

2.4 is different to the 2.0 &2.2 iirc. My Monza not at my Garage ( still at paint) but I can dig a 2.4 one out and get a pic for you.

That would be great Jess, I had a 2.4 one but went with head I sold.

Edited by Paul Barrett
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So some new developments.

The workshop is coming along now as have a lift finally. Was interesting getting it off the trailer and dismantling the roller door to get it in ! 

and some wheels have landed, mega dish!

• Like 3

This the one I need jess

Milling the fuel injector bosses, sering as I can’t track down any decent ones and they are known to crack, has to tip the head 60 degrees fir the injector face. Looks like it’s achievable so I’m going to team holes for modern injectors of my choosing. 

• Like 5