2.4 CIH manual

chipsngravy

9 hours ago, chipsngravy said:

Evening chaps. I've had a look at the engine number as I forgot last night, it does in fact start with "20" so no more confusion. Thank you all for your input.

You’re welcome. I bet you wish you hadn’t asked now haha. See a lot of 2.4 rocker covers on 2.0 engines. It looks odd. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

You’re welcome. I bet you wish you hadn’t asked now haha. See a lot of 2.4 rocker covers on 2.0 engines. It looks odd. 😆

I have it on good authority that in the 80s go faster striped genuinely added bhp, so said rocker cover must be worth something 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

I have it on good authority that in the 80s go faster striped genuinely added bhp, so said rocker cover must be worth something 😂

About 2.4hp? Lol

Joking aside, @chipsngravy you could probably sell the 2.4 rocker cover and buy a correct 2.0 one, and have change for a nice meal out and a few beers after! Win win. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

I’ve seen a 2.4 one turned into 2.0, think Danny did it but I don’t know what process was done. Looked good. 

The trick was to start with the 2.2 one as the top of the two is easy to turn into a 0  then ally weld the middle and the very bottom left and right corners a bit and machine it flat, then machine out the 0.

I have one here I did 20+ years ago. its going back on my GTE.

• Like 1