2.4 CIH manual

chipsngravy

Afternoon all. Last year we acquired a 2.4 CIH powered Bedford van. It's nearly ready for its mot and I'm looking for a handbook/manual with all the info about the engine. I've seen some Haynes manuals for Mantas but these were only for 1.6-2.0 so not quite sure if 2.4cih is covered. I appreciate I'm not a Manta owner but any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, David 

A 2.4 has got a cilinderhead with inlet ports that are higher, so the combination of the inlet/outlet manifold of a CIH carb set would be difficult to fit. Ofcourse it is possible your 2.4 block has got a 1.9 or 2.0 head. As Sutty wrote look under the alternator, on the block must be 24 cast in.

As also the engine number must show it: C24NE....

Edited by H-400

34 minutes ago, H-400 said:

A 2.4 has got a cilinderhead with inlet ports that are higher, so the combination of the inlet/outlet manifold of a CIH carb set would be difficult to fit. Ofcourse it is possible your 2.4 block has got a 1.9 or 2.0 head. As Sutty wrote look under the alternator, on the block must be 24 cast in.

As also the engine number must show it: C24NE....

Brilliant, thanks a lot. I'll have a proper look tonight and take some pics as well

2 hours ago, chipsngravy said:

Lovely, thanks for that

The frontera was just injection and as Herman says they use a higher inlet manifold on the 2.4 as opposed to the 1.6,1.9,2.0. Easy to fit carbs but you need the higher inlet manifold to fit them.

You can easily tell if the head is 2.4, see pic below that shows how much higher the inlets are. The other will have the inlet and exhaust at the same level.

The carb side of things fueling wise etc.. will be the same as any of the other CIH, it was just the raised ports and slightly bigger valves on the 2.4 and the thermostat housing was slightly different.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I've had a look at the engine, there is a "GM" and "20" cast in on the block, so I can only assume it's a 2.0 lump with a 2.4 rocker cover on. Below is a link to a pic of the block but no idea if it's gonna work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9zer72xwtfwrr1/PXL_20230705_164200760.jpg?dl=0

Having problems uploading pictures on here.. I've tried a couple of websites generating urls, still can't upload anything. Bugger

1 hour ago, chipsngravy said:

Ah, that explains it. I have to upload a picture first, then provide a link to it. Thanks anyway

Are you using a computer or a phone? Phone is easy, it does it all for you. But it’s pretty much the same on PC. The forum brings the photo up for you and hosts it itself. 👍

29 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Are you using a computer or a phone? Phone is easy, it does it all for you. But it’s pretty much the same on PC. The forum brings the photo up for you and hosts it itself. 👍

Not in my case im afraid, it doesn't give me the option to upload a file, only to provide an URL 

• Sad 1