Suspension bushes

Simonl

to be honest ( and i suspect some may have different experiences) why do you want to change them ? the originals are good  quality and very long lasting. the only ones that seem to soften a little with age are the rear arm ones but even then give no bother.

if you are wanting to change for poly then thats fine if thats what you are thinking and no doubt some members on here will be able to advise regarding different colours/ manufactures vs stiffness but go too far and you can make a well designed 'road' car into a nightmare to travel in. same goes for stiffer springs and firmer shocks.  all depends on what you want the end result to be. its your car !

im all for originality myself especially ride quality and have driven many a ruined car that had been "uprated " !

please remember this is only my opinion 

I've had Superflex bushes on my current and previous Manta, never had any problems with them. 

The current Manta I've had for 10 years, the previous one I had for 15 years.

I wish someone would make decent torque tube donuts that don't crack after a year or two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

to be honest ( and i suspect some may have different experiences) why do you want to change them ? the originals are good  quality and very long lasting. the only ones that seem to soften a little with age are the rear arm ones but even then give no bother.

if you are wanting to change for poly then thats fine if thats what you are thinking and no doubt some members on here will be able to advise regarding different colours/ manufactures vs stiffness but go too far and you can make a well designed 'road' car into a nightmare to travel in. same goes for stiffer springs and firmer shocks.  all depends on what you want the end result to be. its your car !

im all for originality myself especially ride quality and have driven many a ruined car that had been "uprated " !

please remember this is only my opinion 

Hi,I’m doing a full restoration so the old ones have all been removed for parts to powder coated, can’t find originals anywhere so assume poly is only option

ah i see.

well i would imagine originals could be found somewhere and other members on here may have links to suppliers ,maybee .

sometimes originals (or some pattern) showup on ebay occasionally .

if you go poly and want original softness i cant advise wether they make them in those grades but someone should be able to confirm for you. ive never done any personally myself. 

using a sensible poly grade for front anti roll bar links with stainless bolts is a good idea as they originals in that particukar location dont last long.

15 hours ago, Simonl said:

Hi,I’m doing a full restoration so the old ones have all been removed for parts to powder coated, can’t find originals anywhere so assume poly is only option

B series i presume?

Try some of the links on here as i think places like Edelschmiede and old timer opel do quite a bit for the B.

https://www.theopelproject.com/opel-manta-a-series-parts-links/

Andy

• Like 2