‘81 V8 hatch on a competition site

4 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Ahhh so that's where it ended up! That's the one that sits high....unless they sorted it.

Yep, he did a poll on his FB page & the majority voted for a drop so it sits fairly level now. The ultra cheapo fake leopard print seat covers are still an amusing nod to the late ‘70’s instead of the jacked up rear. It’ll be interesting to see what route it goes when someone wins it and puts their own stamp on. 

• Like 1

Fair enough. Not a big fan of these things myself, but at least the terms seem fair 

There is no minimum entry requirements and draw will be done regardless of ticket sales on the date specified on Retroshite.com with no extensions or rollovers.

Our Giveaway's aren't for everyone as we try our best to seek out interesting and unusual vehicles which might not appeal to the masses so if you've ended up here, congratulations for being an individual!

• Like 3

Who’s risked £20.00 then? I did, you never know 🤷‍♂️

I quite like the idea and if I was anywhere near Dunfermline I think I’d go along and see what’s what. 

Another quote from their site;

What if my retro vehicle is off the road but I still want to come in my modern car? This is a meet for owners of pre 2000 vehicles, if you do not have a pre 2000 vehicle to attend with either jump in a mates pre 2000 vehicle or if you don’t have any mates just stay at home.

• Like 1

I use Google pay, have never put a bid on that particular site but they are dunfermline area near to me and have only heard good thing about them so worth a shot 😂

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I didn’t buy a ticket, but I have bought 2 tickets for a different draw on the 31st, which isn’t an Opel. I hope I win, because it’s something I’ve always wanted. 

seeing a lot of these raffles now though. I met a bloke with a red Carlton GSI that was struggling to sell it. One of these companies bought it and took a few attempts on Facebook to sell all the tickets. Someone won it eventually. 

Yes, that Manta had been on eBay for a while, it is a bit unusual and as far as I recall it was originally in Elgin and distance does put people off. If it wasn’t unusual it probably wouldn’t have been on that particular site 😂

Less money around for toys so some of these raffles probably help keep interest and move some decent cars on.