Project Scone

1900SR

May as well start one here now as I have started working on the Ascona already. I say working, what I meant was prodding anything that looks rusty![:D]

It needs the usual, chassis rails, one front jacking point, back edge ot both sills and wheel arcg edges, lower rear valance, inner wings behind the headlights, etc etc..[:D]

Cleaned up inside pretty well, need a rear shelf as something has eaten this one and eaten a hole in the carpet too[}:)]

Not found him yet but there was a bloody big steel mousetrap under the seat, nothing dead in it though..

ByeBye.jpg

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

1980 Black Berlinetta Coupe, 2.0 SRI Project

1984 Silver GT/E Coupe, Road Rally Car

1979 Orange Ascona SRB, cos I can!

YEAH....another scone!

Coolio car that, love the colour![:P]

Hope the resto goes well, im just about to start on mine, but im going to have to concentrate more exterior as shes taken a few knocks im her time poor little thing. No welding tho thank the lord (i can't weld so...) and shes just passed an mot! yippy.

I don't suppose you could point me in the direction of some uprated springs and dampers could you, i struggling to find some and the ride hight and handling are quite terrible at the moment [xx(]

Wish you the best of luck with your scone, keep us posted on its progress

Regards

Jacko

That boot spoiler is in the boot now, I took it off, wasn't keen..[:D] You want it for yours?

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

Took it off....no way! Maybe it looks better from this angle? I think it looks cool. How does it attach to the boot lid? I know my spoiler on my mk1 astra is attached via metal pins [:(]

I could be interested, where abouts do you live if you don't mind me asking? Im in Manchester and would like to attend some manta meets when im a paid member, maybe you could bring it along if you're local? I've moved house now so im about settled, as soon as we have the internet connected then i'll pay up. I don't fancy filling the forms in and paying at work, i'll probably get myself in trouble! lol.

Regards

Jacko

Photos taken today, look better for having a bath. [:D]

DSCI0443.jpg

DSCI0444.jpg

DSCI0445.jpg

DSCI0446.jpg

This one is a pretty cool photo of a proper carpark. There is another Manta of mine just out of the shot and my old white one round the corner. The Mk1 Cav was mine but a 20 yr old lad at work bought it and loves it, cool car for him[8D][:D]

DSCI0442.jpg

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

Yeah the inside is very good, came up with a quick hoover. Mind you its so dusty, everytime you sit in it you get a cloud from the seats [:D]

Going to get the binding front brakes sorted first then at least I can move it at work without spinning the wheels on the loose gravel...I get funny looks doing that outside the bosses office..[:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

I'm going to (try) do this as a quick resto as it isn't bad, gonna get the welder out this weekend I think.

Needs a passenger wing, the drivers looks repairable and the doors need a bit of repair along the bottom.

I'll be stripping the roof, bonnet and boot as they are the worst areas paintwise with surface rust covering them with being sat in a barn, get them done and painted to stop them getting worse. Majority of the outer bodywork is good only needing minor work, main bit is underneath as always... The interior just needs a really good clean and a rear shelf.[8D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

Very shiny velour Mick. I love it. Why does no one make bronze cars with beige interiors any more? You gonna join the 4 door 16v club? [8D]

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1986 GT/E hatch in red street camo colour scheme, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

quote:Originally posted by PeteM

wow, I would have loved a Mk1 Cav wgen I was 20. [8D]

post Roanoke

OMOC 5885

manta_avatar_small.jpg

loose lips sink ships

id="quote">id="quote">

I got my first Cavalier when I was 19 - a 2.0ltr GLS 4 Door, it was deeply cool and got me started on the path.................

Carlos[:D]

1984 "C" Coupe Red Top 16v - B623RWW

&

Cavalier Sportshatch RJU 943W

Plus the daily drivers!

OMOC Member#5937

B623Rww%20.jpgrju943w%20front.jpgrju%20943w%20rear.jpghxi909.jpgpf05wdg.jpg

Got a four door Cavalier MK 1 GLS in amber gold with biege interior,starts on the button,needs the front cross member sorting and the rear of the drivers sill for a MOT,its a bit scruffy but all there and its a manual so putting a five speed would not that difficult.

I COULD BE PERSUADED TO PART WITH IT - CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT IT....

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

Not got much done, the welding never happened but I did manage to sort the brakes and also found the furry 4ker that has eaten the carpet and rear shelf has also eaten half of the heater ducting too!!!![}:)]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

quote:furry 4ker that has eaten the carpet and rear shelf has also eaten half of the heater ducting too!!!!

id="quote">id="quote">

I shouldn't laugh, but having just come back from a beer festival I find that dead funny!

omoc 5660

Cambridge & The Fens Area Rep.

ppca.jpgppcsh1.jpgppcm.jpg

Nice to see she has gone to a good home!

Looks like someone has a similar job to me, with the same taste in cars and not too far away either..... [:)][;)]

algtj

Ascona 2.0 SR berlina

Manta GT/J

Triumph dolomite Sprint

Triumph Toledo race car, yes really!

Cav Sports hatch?! I'll let you know!

• 3 weeks later...

Similar job-Check

Same taste in cars-Check

Not too far away either-Check

Strange how many people on here are in a similar job [:)]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit more poking about and finding a load more missing metal, and due to a certain Mk1 Cav turning up (again) which is solid, I have a project in mind, lets just say its going to use both cars and not be what you expect...[;)]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

1980 Red Mk1 Cav, again

1979 Orange Ascona SRB

Just read this thread and was gobsmacked to see you'd sold the Cavalier. Then I get to the end and find you've got it back again!

[?][?][?][?][?]

Looking forward to seeing whatever it is your'e planning....

National Meetings

IMG_1473.jpg

'86 broken 2.4 GT/E hatch - still looking for V6

'83 Monza 3.0S - New plaything and workhorse!

'73 Original 1.6S - Earning it's keep

Yeah sold the cavalier a while ago and then got the Scone...now I have the Cav back as he managed to seize the 1600 that was in it, tends to happen if you have no oil in it..[xx(]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

1980 Red Mk1 Cav, again

1979 Orange Ascona SRB