C2 OPEL , Lotus Carlton Est.

Well after 4 years I have finally got round to re spraying my Carlton Estate. Some of you may remember back in 2002 when the kited out Carlton first showed it’s self at the NYB. In Glouster.

The kit was painted off the car and the glued in place, it was always the intention to re spray the car at some point in the future, but I didn’t expect it to take this long.

Although I had done some repair work back in 2002, 4 years of road use had taken its toll. Both the rear wheel / door arch sections needed replacing along with repairs to the lower sills. This meant that I had to cut the rear section of the side skirt to gain access.

0010.jpg

Repair work in progress.

0011.jpg

0012.jpg

0013.jpg

0014.jpg

0016.jpg

0015.jpg

The whole underside has been cleaned down, rust treated and a new coat of Shuts added. I have also renewed the fuel and brake lines.

Considering that the car is 13 years old with just short of 200,000 miles on the clock, the body is in very good condition.

Once the few repair where completed, it was and still is time for body prepping. The car was striped out and the prepping started in Ernest.

0017.jpg

0019.jpg

0020.jpg

0021.jpg

0022.jpg

0023.jpg

0024.jpg

A rear sight! Kev with a hover, before the first coat of primer.

0025.jpg

0026.jpg

0027.jpg

0028.jpg

0029.jpg

0030.jpg

First primer on so now we can see any faults we missed.

Chris

Membership Sec.

OMOC 2150

http://www.mantacentral.co.uk ( The Midlands Area Web Site)

sigpic2.jpgBefore sigpic.jpgNow

Hell of a job there, its mad how you spend hours flatting evrything down then when its in primer it shows every single mark up, spend another few hours sorting that..[:D]

Will be good when its done, pics from before would be good if you have any.

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

Yes i remember when you bought it to the new years bash at glouster and had every one gathering round it. Nice to see you giving the old girl some tender tlc. Sounds like it deserves it didn't realise it had done 200,000 miles.

Midasmesh giving it rear wheel action in the Staffordshire Moorlands. OMOC 5285

Hi Chris, Repair section neatly welded in there. Those body roll bars are a magic piece of kit, allowing full access to under the whole floor.

That some serious amount of prep work too. Body should be good for another 200k miles, when it's finished!

Mal.....OMOC #6022 H9OP6tnFJvCgw3kz3xgONVPRv4v9t6WR0060.jpg Start your Manta restoration today........ before it's too late!

Added another coat of primer, white this time, and continued to fettle some more.

0032.jpg

0033.jpg

0034.jpg

This was all finished off in another coat of primer, which will now be left dry for a few days.

Today my attention has turned to the bonnet and tailgate, which have now been prepped ready for primer.

0035.jpg

0036.jpg

I have also started to mod the rear bumper for the new twin tail pipe that is being fitted.

0037.jpg

Well that’s another weekend over and as it’s the NYB next week, I hope to be getting the base coat on in two weeks time.

Chris

Membership Sec.

OMOC 2150

Did a bit more to the bumpers this week.

0038.jpg

Exhaust cut out is nearly finished.

0039.jpg

Strengthening the wheel arch.

0040.jpg

Front air dam.

0041.jpg

Moded section in front bumper ( Top Middle)

0042.jpg

and yet more work on the bonnet.

Well I’m off to the NYB now so I’ll see you there if your going.

Chris

Membership Sec.

OMOC 2150

Well I got all the bumpers, bonnet and tail gate primed up tonight and have made a start on the little bits like door handles, hopefully if the weather is warm tomorow I start putting the base coat on.

Chris

Membership Sec.

OMOC 2150

Great to see the old girl getting put back to her former glory Chris, but damn seing that workshop,especially with kev on the tools, sends cold shivers up my spine! Wonder why that is....

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpgcarsmall1.jpg

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard membership no: 3783

"its all going flat cap and walking stick instead of Rally jacket and bottle of beer....."

Well it’s now nearly 1.30 am, and we have just finished putting the first couple of coats of base on.

I must say that it is starting to all come together now and she does look good.

0043.jpg

0044.jpg

0045.jpg

0046.jpg

0047.jpg

0048.jpg

LOL Andy, I can always find you something to do if you’re having withdrawal symptoms.

Chris

Membership Sec.

OMOC 2150

So Chris, how is your vacuum cleaner at the moment...[:o)](That one is for Helga!)

Your paintwork looks fantastic.[8D]

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log in to the Forum from the home page folks. It helps to keep the site at the top on Google.

Jo, the vacuum cleaner is doing a great job, even Kev could't keep his hands off it.[:D]

Andy, I wish you were here to help,the job just seems never ending.

Having cheaked the car over this morning, there are a couple of bits that are going to need flating back again, so the clear will not go on till next week now.[:(!][:(!]

Chris

Membership Sec.

OMOC 2150