1976 B series coupe. General work continues

Sutty2006

Front bumper and headlights are now on. Had to repair the headlight bowl on the nearside as it didn’t line up and there was a gap, sorry no photos. 

bumper is off a beelinetta, it’s complete so it’s on for now. I like the over riders. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

hopefully, if I rebuild the whole car as it is, I can find out exactly what I have and don’t have. Then go through everything bit by bit afterwards. 

• Like 3

I do still love the original 2 slot, I guess it’s to do with that was my first Manta, however it genuinely does seem to look the most aggressive for the original style (non air dam). 

Plus I absolutely love the original Blitz badges, so cool 😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

I do still love the original 2 slot, I guess it’s to do with that was my first Manta, however it genuinely does seem to look the most aggressive for the original style (non air dam). 

Plus I absolutely love the original Blitz badges, so cool 😎

This one also had Mantarays on the wings being an early model. Turns out the holes for the Berlinetta badge are the same so the Rays will fit back in the holes

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

😁

• Like 2

Late 76 I think, not seen them on anything other than 76 but I could be wrong! 

With the extremely rare free time I have, I managed 32.568 seconds to turn on the headlights and check they work. Need to charge the battery and replace the bulbs next. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Reflectors look in good condition 👍

They’re ok. Bought them with a set of side repeaters off eBay for £notmuch. One has a giant spider on the glass, which I can only imagine puts a huge spider logo on the pattern.

• Like 2

Scraping the barrel with spare time, but new handbrake lever arrived. 

fitted the wire to it, check continuity all good. Fit to car. Light not working, bugger. Remove lever, check wire again, all ok. Ground bulb to body, all ok. Clean up all earth contact points properly and refit, light still not working. Grrrr. Re check continuity and nothing. Weird. Remove wire, re check, no continuity. I don’t have any brown and white in stock, so I chose the next best thing which is blue! 

all working 

thanks @Shaun400rand @mantasrme for the part. I’m getting there slowly! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shaun400r said:

No probs mate it was a cheeky ask of me to get David to post it while I was at his

but I knew he had some of that fruity tea you like 👍 

Ones gone down the back neck already. Thanks again guys, you are the reason this club is great 👍😎

• Like 3

Lots of small jobs to do. 

All indicators now work. 

boot hasn’t had a latch on it for……I don’t know……a long time. I found the latch

in a box of parts, along with a box with a lock set in it. Lock set is complete, but the tail gate lock has been raped. 

so I tried the one key in the original tailgate lock. Which works perfectly 🤣

Once I’ve cut some stainless bolts down, I’ll have a working boot. 

I also started cutting the nose cone, which got lots of overspray on it. Why? I don’t really know. But shiney black looks better than overspray. 

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

The coupe hinges go out of shape over the years. Solution is heat and bend down. 

I’ll have a look into that in the future cheers. 

Done a little bit more tonight. 

interior light now working, had to fiddle with the switch to bring it back to life. Lights don’t come on with the doors though so will probably need to fettle the door switches next. 

I’ve tried to get the left side dash lights working to no avail. So I’ve ditched that for now. 

I had a few spare minutes so broke the machine polisher out and cut that nose cone up, 

almost looks like a mk1 cav 🤣

then did the right thing and used some old polish I’d found in a garage a few years back… 

good stuff that! 

should I paint the bonnet black to match? Haha 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Where did you find the stamp,looks like upright in boot or is it inside below quarter window? 

On the parcel shelf passenger side. 

there’s one on the underside of the boot lid dated 78, which tells me it’s had a rear end shove at some point early on, because the rear quarters have a lot of body filler and I’ve had to replace the rear panel complete. 

4 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

On the parcel shelf passenger side. 

there’s one on the underside of the boot lid dated 78, which tells me it’s had a rear end shove at some point early on, because the rear quarters have a lot of body filler and I’ve had to replace the rear panel complete. 

Good investigation!

could that explain the issue with Hinges?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Good investigation!

could that explain the issue with Hinges?

Entirely possible. 

if crashed in 78 it would have been repaired. Never done a check on it but I very much doubt insurance data goes back that far. Lol

Dashboard bottom in. Unfortunately these panels have warped ever so slightly over time. I do have a black set of lowers but I recon I can live with it. 

I was going to fit the ignition barrel from the set I have, so that I have a full set of matching locks, however, the barrel is damaged, and the outer locking ring is missing. Can the barrel be swapped over? 

• Like 1