1976 B series coupe. General work continues

Sutty2006

2 hours ago, H-400 said:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Key in lock, turn key in next position and push as showed a pin to unlock the barrel. The little screw showed at pic. 10.29 is to unlock the electrical switch of the locking house.

Is that to remove the key barrel from the casting or to remove the whole thing from the steering column? 

Bought a horn. 

honk honk. 

the compressor is dog d**k red. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

a half arse attempt at masking and keying it up ensued 

some free gloss paint 

and fitted the whole lot in front of the rad. Almost out of sight. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

That will put the willies up someone 😃

It put the willies up me when I tested it direct on the battery, but it’s not as loud on the original loom. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

It put the willies up me when I tested it direct on the battery, but it’s not as loud on the original loom. 

Hmm, could it be too much for the original wiring? Perhaps put it on a relay? 

Another job done today…. I received some seat belts of @Vince thanks buddy, was meant to catch up at the vboa but missed you. 

They needed a good clean so I broke the jet wash out and soaked them in G101. 

and hung them out to dry in the days sunshine. 

need to figure out what bolts and spacers hold them in now. 

• Like 2

I’ve been trying to work out what bolts and spacers etc are used for the seat belts. I’ve got an abundance of spacers and the odd bolt knocking around. 

these ones are too short even with the smaller spacers. 

But I’ve got some longer bolts, so I’ve trailed some spacer combinations and this one seams to work. Can anyone confirm or deny it? 

I’ve managed to get the one spring fitted and working so the bottom of the belt swings back. 

after the plastic cover goes on the spring can sit in place properly. 

yes I’m wearing my slippers. I’m comfortable ok? 🤣

this is the top one

I bought some wipers and cleaned 20 years of filth off the windscreen. 

I tested the wipers and they immediately went down. I’ve removed the wiper arms now, while I try and figure that one out. 

when I turn the wipers on, they go down instead of up. I might have to move the linkage? But I’m not sure. My brain can’t think it at the moment. 

I was up my unit looking for a steering column cowl and failed, but I did find the original front wing and drivers door. 

the front wing has taken a hit, and been badly repaired

some of that wob is nearly 6mm thick in places! 

I started chipping it off some of the original paint is under it! Dodgy b*****ds! 

oh well. Crack the grinder out 

how bad can it be?

yeah pretty bad. Maybe I can hammer some of it out? Or just fill it again 🤣

21 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Sadly, I think I would invest in a used wing mate 

Yeah. I think it would take a lot of panel beating to get that anything right. I was hoping to have more of the same colour panels 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Yeah. I think it would take a lot of panel beating to get that anything right. I was hoping to have more of the same colour panels 🤣

Well, if you never had a name for your car, it’s now Harlequin 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i suppose it depends on what the other areas are like that are prone to rot ( top end and corner , arch lip and mounting flanges)and finding a good replacement wing is not easy or cheap nowadays .

if if we're mine i would just cut and repair that wing.

ive repaired worse by tackling the side section, front face , inner and lower mounting flange as separate repairs ( or 'but'repair the entire lower section from another wing )

unless of course you can source a good wing anyway  for a good price in which case ignore the above ! !

Edited by cam.in.head

4 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

i suppose it depends on what the other areas are like that are prone to rot ( top end and corner , arch lip and mounting flanges)and finding a good replacement wing is not easy or cheap nowadays .

if if we're mine i would just cut and repair that wing.

ive repaired worse by tackling the side section, front face , inner and lower mounting flange as separate repairs ( or 'but'repair the entire lower section from another wing )

unless of course you can source a good wing anyway  for a good price in which case ignore the above ! !

I have a blue wing on it at the moment that I’ve repaired on top. It’s rot free otherwise. This gold wing is rot free too! 

• Like 2

worth keeping then ! 

mine have just been removed to prepare for a bare metal repaint and i've had to repair the very top corner, the rear trailing edge and a section by the front indicator . all areas that appeared ok until closer inspection . 

• Like 1

I’m not far off ready to start putting an interior in this. 

But first, the back needs a good clean. I don’t think it’s ever been cleaned in here. 

is there supposed to be a carpet panel over the fuel tank on this side? 

The first bucket of water came out like canal water. Yuk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Started putting some carpet and sound deadening in. 

need to get seat belts in. I’ve accidentally put the drivers one in wrong so need to remove that and refit. 

however the passenger belt doesn’t fit right. The chrome hanger isn’t the right way round, and the big plastic extender piece is missing. So looks like I’m on the lookout for another belt. 

just can’t get this to go sit correctly