1976 B series coupe. General work continues

Sutty2006

Inspecting the seats. 

Passenger seat has some weird mould looking item growing on it. However, it’s been like that for years up at my unit and not got any worse. So I’m not sure what it is really. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

sprayed with interior cleaner and gently wiped with a cloth with warm water. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

it still looks grubby, and to be honest, the material isn’t brilliant. If I was going for full concours then it would have to be re done at great expense. But seeing as my budget is £0, it’ll get fitted like that. 

driver seat isn’t good either. No weird mould looking stuff but the seat base fabric has come away and it looks like cardboard that clips it into place, which has swollen and become impossible to push into the metal retainers. 

Oh well. It’s in there as best as possible. 

the head rests have been kicking around my unit for a long time, and annoying the living crap out of me. 

this one has some weird silicone/grease like mark which came off fairly easy. 

one on, they don’t look tooooo bad if you squint real hard and turn the other way. 

in ya go then

will do drivers seat tomorrow. 

On 01/09/2024 at 22:43, Jonathan Pounsett said:

What condition are your front seats @Sutty2006?

To be honest, not very good. 

tonight I’ve fitted the drivers seat. 

it feels hard in places and not very foamy. There’s something jabbing my coxsis and not in a good way. It’s probably worn out, but it’ll do for now I guess. 

weirdly, the headrest spikes are visable at the rear

but not on the passenger side 

but it’s not a terrible view from the back seat (which is comfier) 

33 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

To be honest, not very good. 

tonight I’ve fitted the drivers seat. 

it feels hard in places and not very foamy. There’s something jabbing my coxsis and not in a good way. It’s probably worn out, but it’ll do for now I guess. 

weirdly, the headrest spikes are visable at the rear

but not on the passenger side 

but it’s not a terrible view from the back seat (which is comfier) 

I’m not home for a couple of days but from memory I have a better pair. I will send you some pics at the weekend.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t touched this for a few weeks. Been too busy. Still am. But small jobs need doing! 

1x chrome ash tray found in a box. A tad rusty, but autosol will sort that out. 

slightly betterer

inside is weirdly rotten 

quick spruce up

wont be needing the inside luckily! 

• Like 2