Manta B Volvo Rear Axle Width?

falk5150

• 2 weeks later...

Dont think anyone on here has much knowledge of Volvo's! (though you might be lucky)

You might have to join another forum, this is the sort subject Practical Performance Car Magazine readers would delve into, so where ever they lurk in cyberspace is where you need to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go for the Volvo 740 axle which has an lsd standard and can take up to 600bhp, They are a tad longer but fit well with the 400 kit smile.gif

do all 740's have an lsd?

the only rwd volvo with an lsd i knew of was the 240 torslanda special edition thing. i was wondering myself if one of these could be plugged into a manta somehow.

Very strange, i've recently had my Volvo serviced and the guy who fixed/ serviced it for me breaks volvos so i asked him about the 240/ 740 axle after seeing a thread on the 400 site, the only ones that came with a slipper as standard he said was a 940s. he took me around the back to show me a 240 axle and it looked very similar to a 400 one.. £50 and i can have it

740-rear_axle-1.jpg

this is a 740 axle and to me seems similar to the carlton 2.2 one mantasrme is looking at in another thread, i have the manual for the car so i'll try and dig the width out, the 240 one looked the same as a manta axle on the ground

could be a great option to go for, hmmmm i wonder if someone could do a fitting kit :thumbup

this will be a good site to ask on

retro rides

there's loads of volvo fetishists on there (it take all sorts) as well as a few opel and rwd vauxhall fans.

also pretty much every car on there has engine and drive train swaps and similar big mods. you'll be amazed at the knowledge that gets passed around on there.

Very strange, i've recently had my Volvo serviced and the guy who fixed/ serviced it for me breaks volvos so i asked him about the 240/ 740 axle after seeing a thread on the 400 site, the only ones that came with a slipper as standard he said was a 940s. he took me around the back to show me a 240 axle and it looked very similar to a 400 one.. £50 and i can have it

740-rear_axle-1.jpg

this is a 740 axle and to me seems similar to the carlton 2.2 one mantasrme is looking at in another thread, i have the manual for the car so i'll try and dig the width out, the 240 one looked the same as a manta axle on the ground

could be a great option to go for, hmmmm i wonder if someone could do a fitting kit :thumbup

Cheers guy's.

I think i'll probably have to go the 9" f**d route, as you can get anything for them without much trouble,........ bit pricey though built to the right width/stud pattern/ slipper, but should take the aggro...hopefully. :blink:

Damo.

the wide atlas ie capri axle is the same width as the manta , need to 5 link it thou, but i have done it in the past, ;)

Did think about the atlas as the diff casing would fit under ther floor better than the 9", but i dont have a clue how tough they are chap.

Any idea?

Atlas axle will withstand any abuse you will give it.If you want you can fit 2 piece halfshafts which are stronger,or go the full hog and fit fully floating shafts.

I've had one in a manta rallycar without any problems with the two piece shafts,running a 16v.

You will have to 5 link it in,but we modified the lower spring seat by welding on a shortened link bar and still used the standard spring seat,or you could do away with the spring seat and fit coilovers.We got the rear stubs redrilled to 100 pcd,or if you want to use ford fitting rims I think tjm do a replacement hub to run ford rims on front manta uprights.Parts are readily available for the atlas axle,as are a wide range of different ratios of cwp.