Been A Long Time

owdgit

Are there any OMOC members from the 80's on here.

Often wonder what happened to them all.

If I remember rightly in the North West area there was:-

Steve & Linda Whitmore

Sean Hunt

Malcolm & Helen Pearce

etc....

Be nice to hear from some of you again.

Chris Goodwin (had a 86 hatch C999MBV, is it still alive? Had to sell it when I was travelling around the UK with work in 96-97)

Had some good times, have thought a lot about getting another Manta, I know of a B coupe, late 70's model sat in a garage doing nowt..........

I joined the club in 89, used to have a black gte coupe back then which later became imperial blue with a 16 valve.

Scrapped that in 99 and had Sean Hunts old red 240 for 2 years before moving on to Subarus/Mitsis/M3's, now driving a crap fiesta as ive got into bikes

Sort of thinking about buying another one next year

blackgte.jpg

This was my first one at Castle Combe around 90/91

Mark Morris

I was with the club in '89 too.

Here's my car back then - still miss it - but I'm now on Manta number 5 ( :thumbup ):

B535CNVPicture2.jpg

B535CNVPicture1.jpg

Now have my dream Manta - a Polar White GTE Coupe 1984 Non-sunroof - though undergoing retoration (slowly).

Good to see some 80's members back on....

Yup, many die hards O.M.O.C still going or are we just mad!! first i200 I saw was Sean Hunts doon Billing many many moons ago and said having one of those and have now :)

i20020101strun002.jpg

Just stood doon as Scottish rep after neer on 20 year last year,hope yae find thi Manta yur looking for Chris.

ps, Welcome Home. :thumbup

Edited by Rab

Yup, many die hards O.M.O.C still going or are we just mad!! first i200 I saw was Sean Hunts doon Billing many many moons ago and said having one of those and have now :)

i20020101strun002.jpg

Just stood doon as Scottish rep after neer on 20 year last year,hope yae find thi Manta yur looking for Chris.

ps, Welcome Home. :thumbup

Rab we're all a bit mad ;) but by god its great having an afliction like this B) Don't think I'll ever recover (Shame ;) ).

I hope to have my GTE MOT'd back end of next year......

Keep the faith as I believe its our age group who bought the cars when new/nearly new who can keep the dream alive.

Edited by Stonymanta

I joined the club in 1990 was midlands area rep for 15 years ish? not sure what happened to steve and linda they parted from the club many years ago as did sean hunt. helen and malcolm split and helen now lives in france shes still in contact with many club members thro facebook

Welcome back to the fold

Hi mate, come back to the manta, you miss it too much to be far from the manta, love the manta, feel the manta, fear the manta :lol:

I joined the omoc in about 94 and remember those names, i still have the ccc article with them all in and i bored my girlfriend ( now wife ) to tears about them ( still do :blink: )

Trevor Lewis, the fiberglass king, Paul McCleary, A1 OMOC, first 16v transplants, turbo transplants by Dave pearce in Bradford, Anyone remember the 400 parts guru in Bradford? ( Grahame and his amazing garages and cellar?)

Watch the 94 billing video for a catch up on the manta history if you need to see how IT was :thumbup ( not you mate, you're old school :lol: )

Edit, Sean Hunt still hangs around the mantas, ( talked to him at billing this year) he used to say to me that if you cut him down the middle like a stick of rock it would say manta! Club politics as ever made him leave the fold

Cheers

Kev

Edited by Kevin Abbott

Are there any OMOC members from the 80's on here.

Often wonder what happened to them all.

If I remember rightly in the North West area there was:-

Steve & Linda Whitmore

Sean Hunt

Malcolm & Helen Pearce

etc....

Be nice to hear from some of you again.

Chris Goodwin (had a 86 hatch C999MBV, is it still alive? Had to sell it when I was travelling around the UK with work in 96-97)

Had some good times, have thought a lot about getting another Manta, I know of a B coupe, late 70's model sat in a garage doing nowt..........

Ok,

Hi Chris, What have you been doing if you haven't been driving or restoring manta's?

I have been in since day one!

Got a nice white exclusive if you fancy it!!

Or a few resto projrcts if your bored!!

Edited by Titson