Omega V6 Into Manta B?

marty GT

Manta Modifier (graham) has done. Dont know of any problems with it but its too tall for the bonnet as his has a hole cut in to fit. Sure he will be along soon.

hmmn,didn't think about it being too tall. main prob i can see at mo is routing/making exhausts to come down side of box and under firewall. if omega set up too tall anyone tried vectra b set up?

any pics of one fitted guys?

hmmn,didn't think about it being too tall. main prob i can see at mo is routing/making exhausts to come down side of box and under firewall. if omega set up too tall anyone tried vectra b set up?

Use the Omega manafolds and down pipes.

Vectra intake is what I uses in my A, but you will also need the Vectra ECU and loom.

4bcs0166.jpg

View PostMick, on 04 September 2010 - 12:24 PM, said:

Manta Modifier (graham) has done. Dont know of any problems with it but its too tall for the bonnet as his has a hole cut in to fit. Sure he will be along soon.

Yep it was me that did the conversion for him.

v6engine01.jpg

v6engine02.jpg

get a frontera/vectra 3.2 thats better :blink:

Yep but a lot more expencive. :lol: The 2.5 is a stronger engine than the 3.0 and with 3.0 cams fitted the 2.5 will give nearly the same power.

My 2.5 was rolling roaded at 211 bhp before i took it off the road. :thumbup

Oh and just incase anyone is interested, I have also fitted a 2.5 V6 into my carlton. :thumbup

0084.jpg

• Like 1

get a frontera/vectra 3.2 thats better :blink:

frontera is a totally different engine all together mate. vectra 3.2 is same family as the ealier 2.5/3.0 but i've heard few horror stories about them suffering oil pump problems. had one myself in my vec b that threw a rod:angry: if ya going 3.2 use an omega one;)

Use the Omega manafolds and down pipes.

Vectra intake is what I uses in my A, but you will also need the Vectra ECU and loom.

Yep but a lot more expencive. :lol: The 2.5 is a stronger engine than the 3.0 and with 3.0 cams fitted the 2.5 will give nearly the same power.

My 2.5 was rolling roaded at 211 bhp before i took it off the road. :thumbup

mantaray,some nice pics there mateB) so do the omega exhaust manifolds/downpipes fit in a manta b without any mods???

also best cam set up for the V6 using GM cams is 4 G cams;)

And Mantaray

On a sales drive Kev? ;)

Yep :thumbup

Many peeps think the club is the web site, been over this with the committee lots of times and put my opinion to them their too, press them, force them, ask them, somethingorotherthem :D

1500 users on this site, 300 members putting their hands into their pockets for the 30 quid a year, if we ALL STOP GIVING OUT FREE INFO and just nudge manta owners to join the club we would all benefit ;)

MORE EDIT

STOP GIVING OUT TECHNICAL INFORMATION TO PEOPLE UNTIL THEY PAY TO JOIN THE CLUB, MARTIN I'M NOT HAVING A DIG AT YOU AS YOU HAVE MY MOBILE AND KNOW ME, BUT EVERYONE, THINK ABOUT THE INFO YOU GIVE AND THE FUTURE OF THE OMOC,ta :D

Edited by Kevin Abbott

Yep :thumbup

Many peeps think the club is the web site, been over this with the committee lots of times and put my opinion to them their too, press them, force them, ask them, somethingorotherthem :D

1500 users on this site, 300 members putting their hands into their pockets for the 30 quid a year, if we ALL STOP GIVING OUT FREE INFO and just nudge manta owners to join the club we would all benefit ;)

MORE EDIT

STOP GIVING OUT TECHNICAL INFORMATION TO PEOPLE UNTIL THEY PAY TO JOIN THE CLUB, MARTIN I'M NOT HAVING A DIG AT YOU AS YOU HAVE MY MOBILE AND KNOW ME, BUT EVERYONE, THINK ABOUT THE INFO YOU GIVE AND THE FUTURE OF THE OMOC,ta :D

Im sorry but i dont understand this.As you say there are 1500 users and only 300 members which means that most people (including me) dont agree with the yearly payments.Im a member in many forums including (driftworks,opeltuners,uksaabs,opel-club.gr,mig vauxhall etc) and all of them are free to the users. The forum is a place for people to exchange ideas (technical or not) and not about money. If you dont want that as "mantaclub" then remove the free public forum and all of us that dont agree paying will just go somewhere else. But for as long as the free public forum exists i hope that everyone helps out with their knowledge.

Sorry for the offtopic and good luck with the conversion if you do decide to go for it.

just trying to dig up some support for the club :)

The free public forum is paid for by the members who do pay into the site via omoc, would you consider a site supporter type of status by giving a small amount? ( site supporter doesn't exist on here but i'm interested if that would gain revenue from people who don't want or can't join the club but enjoy the forum )

If no one paid into the omoc there would not be any forum, there are people out there in manta land who think that would be a good thing for the club too :unsure:

Cheers

Kev

Edited by Kevin Abbott

What gearbox did you use with the Manta.

Doesn't the tunnel have to be enlarged for the Omega box.

I was running the 1800 manta box, fine for road use but no good on the drag strip. :lol: I've sriped 3 2nd gear sincrows draging it. :(

I am looking at other boxes at the moment but yes you are correct in that the omega box is also tall and needs the tunnel enlarging.

003.jpg

This is a pic of the orange manta above. you can see that the tunnel has been rased by about 2" to fit the Omega box.

mantaray,some nice pics there mateB) so do the omega exhaust manifolds/downpipes fit in a manta b without any mods???

Depends on how far forward you mount the engine. you can see on the above pic how I had to make a small mod to the tunnel to get them to fit.

Your biggest problem is the sump. In both Manta's I used a moddified steel Cav. sump. Both the Vectra and Omega are ally.

also best cam set up for the V6 using GM cams is 4 G cams;)

Thats what I was also told, but I'm running 4 G cams in the Carlton and 2G + 2A cams in the Manta. The Manta is much more responcive and feels the more powerfull engine, so I'm not sure how correct that info is. :thumbup

( site supporter doesn't exist on here but i'm interested if that would gain revenue from people who don't want or can't join the club but enjoy the forum )

Kev.

I understand where your coming from, a 3 tear membership system is currently being look at.

Thats what I was also told, but I'm running 4 G cams in the Carlton and 2G + 2A cams in the Manta. The Manta is much more responcive and feels the more powerfull engine, so I'm not sure how correct that info is. :thumbup

dont forget the carlton is heavier though mate,the 4xG's info is very correct i can assure you. i was told by one of the guys that used to operate the test rig at the engine plant when i was doing me last 3.2 conversion,i did have some test data somewhere showing different cam set ups. if i can find it i'll post it up but deffo get 2 more G's in ya manta. ya wont regret it.

as for my V6 manta conversion i'll poss give it a swerve,i've not got a garage anymore so an involved project is out the question really. cheers for pics n info though.

Edited by marty GT