Breaking Manta Hatch (Prices Dropped)

mantasrme

As the title says i'm breaking a manta hatch, started life as a 1.8 but was converted to a cih (so none of those bits available :P )

I've just started striping it so will add to this list as i go along and check parts,

If there's anything specific your after just ask and i'll check it for you

Rear seat belt set complete £15 £10 SOLD

Rear seats Black/charcol £5 Free to collect (Gone) SOLD

Front seat belt (minus tunnel stalks as they're damaged) £5

outer B pillar trims (all pins intact) £10 pr SOLD

1/4 panel trims Grey £5 pr

Dashboard top and lower parts £10 SOLD

standard front calipers £5pr SOLD

Front wiper motor and mech £5 SOLD

Rear wiper £5 SOLD

1/4 glass brown tint (opening type) £5 pr Free to collect

GT/e gearbox good £25 £15 SOLD

Good GT/e engine complete with injection, ecu, loom, starter etc £50

Injection manifold with new fuel pipes £5 SOLD

Injection wiring loom £2

Flywheel £3

Steering column complete with switches and steering wheel (no ign switch) £10

Doors inc glass and winder mech (no locks) good condition slight rust forming along lower inner lip £30 each (pics to follow)

Fuse box and complete wiring loom £10

Large square washer bottle and bracket £3 SOLD

Small/medium items can be posted large or fragile items collection only (like glass)

All items are in Harrogate, N-yorkshire

The reason i'm not repairing it is that a couple of years ago the owner put it back on the road from a long time stored.

He had a lot of welding done at a local garage. However they didn't chop 1 single bit of rot out :angry:

They just patched over all the rusty areas then filled over the repairs, no rust treatment either.

So 2 years later the rust has broken through the thin metal they used for the patches, i've checked it over and ripped off a couple of the patches and its nasty

To repair it now it needs welding to both rear sills (inner/middle and outer) both rear arches, lower rear corners, lower back panel, A-pillars, inner wing tops, jacking points, swan necks, chassis rails, washer bottle tray, battery tray, scuttle panel repair

Oh its also rusting around the sunroof, then it would need fully painting and rebuilding.

At the end of all that its a 1.8 hatch with a 2.0 Cih engine fitted so wouldn't be worth much

However broken it can help many other manta's stay on the road so a fitting end rather than just getting crushed

Edited by mantasrme

Hi, my brothers after a rear axle, I may be able to convince him of the 5 spped box and prop too if the money's right but we're along way away, so we'd have to suss the price of a courior too...

I'm after a lower steering columb uj if its not siezed!

Can you help?

Edited by si-north

Hi, my brothers after a rear axle, I may be able to convince him of the 5 spped box and prop too if the money's right but we're along way away, so we'd have to suss the price of a courior too...

I'm after a lower steering columb uj if its not siezed!

Can you help?

Rear axle is already taken i'm affraid, i'll check the steering U/J when i take the front end apart later in the week

Have you got a full lockset on one key?

Ben

Yep full lockset including fuel cap on one key (plus a spare) say £20

hi, i'll have the front and rear wipers if you can post? and they work?

regards steve

Yes both fully working, should be able to post will get the rear one taken out wednesday and work out postage

Hi

Are the calipers ATE or Delco?

Not sure will check

What year is it and is the sunroof seal any good?

Its a D reg and the sunroof seal doesn't look that good

Pretty sure it was leaking which is why the roof i so rusty

Yeah mate ill take the lockset. Could you also supply the connecting rods etc for the doors and the tailgate? Mines been delocked so need the rods etc. How would you like me to pay? PM me if you like.

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by benw456

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Are the calipers ATE or Delco?

Can't remember how to tell them apart (been a long time since i had standard calipers on one of my mantas)

They are the standard manta calipers with sliding pistons (or should that be seizing)

Don't have a manufacturers stamp on but say made in france and look to have been re-con'd with new seals

I'll get a pic tomorrow.

i will have gearbox if possible. pm post code for your garage or house please i will come over tomorrow (sat)dinnertime ish if ok.

See you tomorrow :thumbup

I'll take the B pillar trims if you still have them. :thumbup

Yep still here, i'll check postage and PM you

Heyup mate

I will have propshaft if it ant gone let me know how much i will come and fetch it Cheers.............................Casper.

Propshaft is still here (think i have a couple anyway) Say £5

ATE calipers have one piece + shaped spring retainer, Delco calipers have two long spring retainers if that helps you to identify them.

I know they are heavy, but any idea of Post and packing cost please?

Edited by dog321fish

ATE calipers have one piece + shaped spring retainer, Delco calipers have two long spring retainers if that helps you to identify them.

I know they are heavy, but any idea of Post and packing cost please?

Here's a quick pic from my phone of the caliper

mantacaliper.jpg

I use interparcel so can ship them to you for £8.50 (assuming i can find a strong box to put them in)