Hi From Kent

Hi all,

I've recently rejoined the ranks of Manta owners, having previously owned a black Berlinetta hatch from about 1985 - 1988. YYJ448Y - I doubt if that one's still around.

My new Manta is a GTE hatch, also in black, and if this works correctly there might even be a couple of pictures below. The pictures makes it look a bit better than it really is - there's a fair few stone chips in the paintwork to sort out and 2 or 3 small dinks too. Generally it's pretty good though; the paintwork is bright & shiny and I think the car spent many years stored in a garage, so there's no rust or rot apart from some very slight bubbling by the o/s rear wheel arch. Unfortunately it's been off the road for the last 6 weeks because I can't get the final nut undone on the water pump (see other thread) but I hope that'll be sorted in a couple of weeks time.

It's in mostly original condition, except for two red lights on the rear quarters (which will very soon be gone) and extra driving lights in the front spoiler - which I think will stay as they look ok, and have been fitted to a high standard.

Cheers

Stuart

Manta1.jpg

Manta2.jpg

Edited by 74009

Hello Stuart,

Welcome back to the Manta.It looks like you've bought a really good one . Was driving a Manta again, after a long break between cars, up to your expectations? I had a year of BMW ownership between my last GTE and my current Ascona and couldn't wait to be back in an old Opel again. Good luck with your new car.... Luke.

Hi all

Thanks all for your comments. Luke - yes, I've certainly enjoyed being behind the wheel of a Manta again, especially after 10 years with a Mondeo.

It's going into the garage next week to have the water pump work finished off, now that I've accepted that I can't get that nut off, and also to have the drivers door straightening up - this has dropped on its hinges.

Then I'll be taking those red lights off the side and doing some bodywork and hopefully replacing the locks as one is damaged.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi mate, and welcome back to the club. Nice to here there are some new members in the South East, I'm just across the water from you in Essex. Car looks nice, hope you get the water pump sorted soon. That was the only thing I had to replace on my car when I picked it up to get it back on the road. Although lots has been done since!

Hope to see you in and around the South East at some point. Keep an eye out for posts on here about local shows etc. I try and get to a few, although struggling to find the funds to tax her this year to date!

Cheers,

Dave