What Colour Are Your Nuts?

Mick

Mk1 Cavalier or others that have the same ones. They are the type that have the main nut part and a cap on the end covering the thread. Are they supposed to be silver with a black tip, or all black or all silver?

Bit of a geeky question I know :unsure:

Difficult to tell, I wire brushed them today to get the silver off from when the wheels were painted at some point. Some were all black, some were just rusty and some were a mix of black and silver.

Mine has a set of long domed Chrome ones and it is all too much silver, wheels, chrome ring and nuts...bit of black on them wouldnt go a miss but would prefer it to be right (sad I know). I have taken the 185/70's off as it always bugged me it should only have 165's and correct looking ones at that! :blink:

Difficult to tell, I wire brushed them today to get the silver off from when the wheels were painted at some point. Some were all black, some were just rusty and some were a mix of black and silver.

Mine has a set of long domed Chrome ones and it is all too much silver, wheels, chrome ring and nuts...bit of black on them wouldnt go a miss but would prefer it to be right (sad I know). I have taken the 185/70's off as it always bugged me it should only have 165's and correct looking ones at that! :blink:

WIRE BRUSHED YOUR NUTS :o:o:o Take care of them man, you won't get another pair :lol:

Edited by Julian

I had a full set on the 1977 Kadett Coupe, all chrome, so for your age of car.......all chrome.

Lots of stuff, like bumpers, went black when sanctions were in place against SA in the '80s as that's where most of the worlds chrome used to come from.

If you have rostyle wheels, some black in them will set the balance right, they were originally two tone, silver on the high and black on the low wheel nut area

If you have rostyle wheels, some black in them will set the balance right, they were originally two tone, silver on the high and black on the low wheel nut area

Just checking, the wheel nut is black with the domed end cover in silver... :thumbup