1976 Manta B Coupe 1.6Dl

I am reluctantly considering selling my second Manta and gauging interest:

Manta B Coupe 1.6DL Auto - Located near Lincoln (LN8)

First Registered March 1976

Signal Blue

No sunroof

Black and Silver Rostyle Wheels with Chrome Trims

79,500 miles

MOT to March 2012, Tax to August 2011

Bottom end of engine reconditioned last year, under 1,000 miles ago.crank reground, new bearings and piston rings, new timing chain and reconditioned oil pump. All bills available to show work completed.

Engine has been run-in and the Head Bolts re-torqued.

Weber twin choke carb and manual choke fitted (new choke cable fitted)

Radiator re-cored

Automatic gearbox has been serviced - oil, filter and pan gasket changed.

Several new brake pipes fitted.

New Brake Master Cylinder fitted last month.

4 new shock absorbers

New Exhaust centre and back box

New Aerial - the car is still fitted with it's "period piece" Radiomobile radio with single dash speaker (working!)

New numberplates and mudflaps.

The seats had previously been re trimmed to a good standard and look fantastic. The carpets have also been replaced.

Jobs that still need to be done are as follows:

The door pins are worn and could do with replacing. I have new ones ready to fit and these would be included in the sale.

The bottom of the drivers door is starting to bubble through.

One of rear bumper over riders is cracked

The starter motor occasionally sticks when the car is hot.

This is one of the few surviving base model Mantas and I would dearly like it to go to a club member who appreciates it's originality and will look after it.

Price £2,995

Contact 07974 132143 or PM via Manta Club website please.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg

What a fantastic car & a lovely colour.

I would love to buy it myself but i'd be risking divorce.

I hope it goes to someone who will leave it exactly as it is & not convert to manual, put later wheels on etc etc.

nice one, another DL manta in the club, any more? Good luck with the car sale, this wee motor should be kept as is, this is where it all started, bare basics.

I know its not to everyones taste, 16 auto, but could be even rarer than a manta 400!!!! 31 dvla numbers left? (TV)

These were slightly higher spec on the ascona 1.6, slightly more horses. honestly I thought Id get a year out of my engine, it being nearly 33 yrs old now, still going strong, four yrs on. and quite easy on gogo juice. Only complaint is its just slighly over the CC tax bracket, for car tax, so it might as well be a 2.0. Ive also treatened this car with a 3.0 V6 omega conversion, but why fix something that aint broken!

Here mine, daily driver for last four years, bought it with 43k, I fully restored it, bare shell respray, everything renewed. Has 54k how, and never lets me down -20,for a month at Christmas. no problem. ultimate crusing car, may be slow but it gets u there!

serviced ever year, and full inspection yearly, no expense spared.

P1010352.jpg

P1010353.jpg

Goodluck to new owner, health to enjoy! keep her retro! only mod I did to mine was corsa power steering

ps. u dont wanna px for a 400???

yamaha FZR 400 RRSP that is?????

sp.jpg

Edited by brady