Opel Manta B Wanted

Manta78

Opel Manta B Wanted

I Am Looking For An Opel Manta To Fix Up . I Am 13 And Looking For An Opel Manta To Fix As A Hobbie . I Would Prefer A Manta B (berlinetta) As They Were Better Built With Not As Much Rust , But If The Car Was Solid Enough I Wouldn't Mind It . I Am Not Yet Fully Into Welding So I Would Want A Car With Not A lot Of Rust Or Rot . It Would Need To Be In A Reasonable Enough Price As I Don't Have Much To Spend . I Am Also Fixing Up A Morris Minor From A Shell And I Have It At A Running Condition . Please Email Me With A Price And Pictures If You Have One For Sale . My Email Is - owenkelly2010@gmail.com . Thanks Owen .

Edited by Manta78
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Opel Manta B Wanted

I Am Looking For An Opel Manta To Fix Up . I Am 13 And Looking For An Opel Manta To Fix As A Hobbie . I Would Prefer A Manta B (berlinetta) As They Were Better Built With Not As Much Rust , But If The Car Was Solid Enough I Wouldn't Mind It . I Am Not Yet Fully Into Welding So I Would Want A Car With Not A lot Of Rust Or Rot . It Would Need To Be In A Reasonable Enough Price As I Don't Have Much To Spend . I Am Also Fixing Up A Morris Minor From A Shell And I Have It At A Running Condition . Please Email Me With A Price And Pictures If You Have One For Sale . My Email Is - owenkelly2010@gmail.com . Thanks Owen .

I think unless you are willing to spend the right money your are going to have to accept a car with rust......It is a manta you want after all!!

have got the car on tuesday and been taking it apart and theres rust oon the floor pan , and above the rear window . the chassis is near perfect condition . depending on if i can find gte or berlinetta seats i am not sure yet to keep it as an orriginal b . any suggestions?

I bought my manta at 18 so well done for getting a manta at 13. as a mechanic that mainly does welding in my job, its a very good skill to learn and get good at.

As said before its good the younger generations are learning what good cars are and how to work on them it's a skill lost because of modern cars. i have been lucky to have been near and taught by old mechanics and old cars (including my 1985 manta gte and 1987 fiat126)

What got you into mantas and other "old" cars if I may ask?

Hi ,

After Taking Everything Off The Car I Have Found Rust Problems In The Car But Not While Bad . Practically Would Need The 2 Side Bits On The Floor As Water Lay And Rotted Them . As It Was A Sunroof There Were Pipes Going Down Into The Front Roof Pillars And Water Leaked Into Them And Rotted Them Out . So Practically I Need A Floor And A Full Roof With Pillars And A Floor . Any Places Where I Could Get These Parts Or Is Does Anyone Know Someone Selling A Car (hatch or coupe) .

Thanks For The Help,

Owen

The floor sections can be found on German ebay. I will post a link up later when i get home.

The full roof is getting harder to find. But i'm sure someone on here will be able to help.

hi all just looking through ebay and it would cost me €240 for the floor pans to the house and i would need a roof after that . i would manly need the A pillars as there rotted on the outside to nothing . the B pillars are perfect and the rear pillars could possible need changing but if i couldnt get them it wouldnt be the end of the world and i would then need the roofskin so if i could get a full coupe roof with pillars it would be perfect . then i would need a boot floor and practically that would be the last bit of rust that i know of on the car . if anybody could help me out that would be great.

thanks,

owen.