New To Manta's, New To Club!

Iwan Jones

Hi all, name is Iwan. Just purchased a well known Manta - SGH 71V from fellow member entwistlecymru. I've owned dozens of classics over the years and am selling my 1971 Volkswagen T2 early bay camper

to make way for her. However this is my first ever Vauxhall / Opel. The idea is to use her on nice days whilst dealing with the minor body imperfections as time and money allow. Looking forward

to meeting some of you at shows next year, plan to enjoy her! I'm sure I'll be bombarding the forum with tech questions over the coming months so a big thank you in advance :thumbup

• Like 2

Hi there Iwan and a warm welcome to the club. I have not long ago just got my first Manta and it is the best thing that has happened to me. I am glad that the Manta that you have just bought has gone to a good home and I too look forward to meeting you at Billing 2015 :)

All the best,

Jack

Welcome to the club, you've got my Manta. I've wanted this car for a few years but I'm always skint when it comes up for sale! Look after it, the members here will give any help you may need.

Edited by 1900SR

If you see the project section there is some of the work I did on it there. The car appears in loads of the mags cause it was regular show attender in Wales and the West when me and Dave owned it.

I had it from 2006, because I bought it through the forum I joined the club, because I joined the club I met and met some great enthusiasts who have become firm friends.

I hope the car does good things for you too. Take good care of her!

Hi Iwan

Welcome to the club you have made a good purchase, as others have said SGH is well known to the club & i had the pleasure of owning her recently.

The South Wales & West section of OMOC meet up regularly during the summer months at shows & try to meet up once a month during the winter months for Sunday lunch at a pub near Cardiff.

Martin Meadon is your area rep & i'll be seeing him on Sunday at the NEC car show so i'll let him know about you.

After Xmas we will let you know a list of shows we will be attending in 2015

Here is a link to the  excellent work previously carried out by James (stradacab) when he owned SGH

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/10828-stradacabs-sr-berlinetta-the-next-chapter/

Edited by Rapierdave

Thanks for a great welcome guys, really enjoyed the drive home - I'm hooked already. The spare money from the sale of my T2 will go on a partial respray and hopefully repairing / replacing the passenger door. Thanks for the link Rapierdave and I would love to join you guys at a few meets in the coming months - knowledge and friendship from fellow club members is invaluable as I've found out as a serial BMW E30 owner in the past. Dare I say that SGH was a quieter and more civilised drive home than an E30? :o