400 rothmans replica

GerryC400

Hi, I been looking for a while for a place that can do a set of Rothmans decals for my 400r. I have looked at the paint codes and been considering my options. Ambition and ability might not match up if I go down the paint route. I also been thinking of doing the Blue in paint and the rest in decal. What have people done here to get a good result? Appreciate any help / guidance thanks. I would consider an A.C delco replica also, the same question applies.

I like your choice on decals as I was considering them a few years ago before I kept my car blue.

They won't be cheap but there are a few companies that do the vinyl wrap so can't see them not doing a set if they have dimensions

There is a guy on eBay making the Austin McHale Team Ireland - Decal Kit for a 400R

If and when my car is ready for a full respray again I am thinking of the Irmscher 400 colours from the 40 years of Irmscher. 

Nittel-Irmscher_Opel_Manta_400.jpg

mannituning-manni.jpg

Edited by robah
edit

Very nice. I'd place a bet that those Borbet A wheels are more geared towards front wheel drive offsets. ET25 7.5x16 on the front and ET15 9x16 on the rear:thumbup

Love that Irmscher? livery too, really shows off the lines of the arches etc. 

I would guess that back in the day the colour scheme was applied by painting all of it, there are bussinesses that do piant jobs for the custom scene, they should be able to do this but i would guess that this wouldn't come cheap.

Get a good paint guy to paint her.

My old Andrews heat for hire replica was painted, every bit, yellow/orange main bit, red, blue at bottom, even white stripe separating red and blue....top notch job.

Then decals in vinyl applied at the last.....best way in my opinion and looks unreal.

I am the paint guy..............now I just need to get good! I do all my own work , I like a challenge. I have had a lot of steep learning curves over the years, all character building !! I do fancy painting, its just about getting a plan into my head . .............that's the hard bit ! The decals going on last sounds good.