Manta GTE hatch

Snowy

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, wayne ingham said:

Hi do the side trim clips fit in to a square hole ,if so what is size square on the clip.I can check in work to see if l got any of right size.

They do but someone has drilled the holes round and the clips I have are damaged. I will see if I can get a measurement.

Thanks

My lockset from Germany arrived today. Just in case it helps anyone out Kadett C locks fit the manta B. Much easier to find in Germany than the UK.

So I have fitted the locks and the new door trim that arrived from ebay.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

One key now fits all.

• Like 1

Nipped up to Mantasrme today to get some wheels so when I got back decided to start looking at the drivers side chassis rail. The only way to repair this was to take the engine out.

I've noticed a few people on here rave about dropping the subframe complete and pulling the lot out so I thought I would give this a go. Not for me I think. It's much easier to lift the engine and box out then just remove the subframe separately.

I did loose all my balls from the lower steering column bearing though :huh: Does anyone know the size they should be?

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 1

Why do people patch over rust.... if your chassis rails look like this then look away as this will make you cry :(

So start grinding and cutting..

This is what you're left with...I'm sure it wasn't this bad when it was patched.

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, wayne ingham said:

Very good work and doing it out in the open.

just out of curiosity whoud you carry out work on someone else car.

By the way don't  need any repairers to my Manta.

I have welded other peoples car before yes, and yes I would again if asked. My work might not be up to the standard of others on here but all the rot is cut away and the repairs are strong and safe.

But yes I was enjoying the rain earlier. The only thing that stopped me is I'm out of steel thick enough to repair the inner chassis leg.

• Like 3

Well between showers I managed to weld in the front piece. But the other side that looked good was rotten also. so this had to come out. But all the rot has gone now, the inner is complete. Just the outer to finish now.

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 1

The drivers side chassis rail is now finished..... Not the nicest looking repair but no rot was left behind..

But just like any other manta holes always appear...

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 2

Making good headway there :thumbup better than me for sure.... entire budget has been wiped out by wrecking tenants :( they managed to destroy 25 year warranty laminate, the kitchen and all carpets oh and the stair rail so that's my next 3 weeks taken including a full re-decorate as all the nice white gloss is now a nice nicotine yellow shade :( need to sell it to fund buying the house I'm in and was hoping to have a bit over to lavish on the Manta!