Rear disc brake kits

mantasrme

20 hours ago, Luisetegsi said:

Hi Chaps ,Very good piece of info

I´m just about figuring out how to fit the calipers if at the top of the hub or vertically in the bach using the manta Cable. I´ve got  a couple of questions

1. When you said "You also need stops for the outer cable around the torque tube cross member area" What you mean exactly? Cannot the original ones designed for the manta cable used for this purpose? 
  2. About the hydraulic conection.. does the rigid cooper pipe used for the standard brake actuators  reach the caliper inlet port?

Regards

Luis

On top is for the Manta cable. Behind the hub is for the Astra cable

1: no the stops need to be tube shaped for the ends of the astra cable to sit into, so they are held in place when the cable is slack

2: No you need to add a flexy brake hose to reach to the caliper as it moves

9 hours ago, mantasrme said:

1: no the stops need to be tube shaped for the ends of the astra cable to sit into, so they are held in place when the cable is slack

Unless you have an a series stoppers ready built in. 🤔

23 hours ago, mantasrme said:

Good Morning

All right got it, A lot more clear now. Do you know  if the flexihose has to be made to order or can any commercial size be used? maybe the original ones from astra mk4?

regards

On 02/10/2020 at 21:10, rutts said:

Unless you have an a series stoppers ready built in. 🤔

Good point forgot about that

22 hours ago, Luisetegsi said:

Good Morning

All right got it, A lot more clear now. Do you know  if the flexihose has to be made to order or can any commercial size be used? maybe the original ones from astra mk4?

regards

You can use an original one from various cars, It needs a banjo fitting one end and a screw fitting the other to join the hard pipe. People have used the mk4 ones with this setup, you will need to make a bracket to secure the end that joins the hard metal brake pipe at the axle

• 2 months later...

TRW do a full Astra G Rear caliper kit — 2 x calipers 2 x caliper carriers and a set of brake pads. 

I don’t have the part number to hand but I have the kit in the box and I’ll check it out — it’s handy because you get the carriers included. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atlantean said:

TRW do a full Astra G Rear caliper kit — 2 x calipers 2 x caliper carriers and a set of brake pads. 

I don’t have the part number to hand but I have the kit in the box and I’ll check it out — it’s handy because you get the carriers included. 

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 04/10/2020 at 09:11, mantasrme said:

You can use an original one from various cars, It needs a banjo fitting one end and a screw fitting the other to join the hard pipe. People have used the mk4 ones with this setup, you will need to make a bracket to secure the end that joins the hard metal brake pipe at the axle

I’m just getting around to doing this conversation now...

You say to use a brake hose with a banjo fitting — my Astra G callipers don’t use a banjo fitting. Am I missing something here?

9395BEA1-B38D-44B7-96FA-ED98F2C17A73.jpeg

That is for a banjo fitting, the OE vauxhall one is a square end like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193205844595https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193205844595

some people use this and make a bracket for the end to join the metal pipe at the axle tube. Some people use a custom braided hose made with a standard banjo end like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333468148078

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mantasrme said:

That is for a banjo fitting, the OE vauxhall one is a square end like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193205844595https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193205844595

some people use this and make a bracket for the end to join the metal pipe at the axle tube. Some people use a custom braided hose made with a standard banjo end like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333468148078

Thanks for that info — time to look for a banjo bolt! 

Looking at the thread it looks like an M10 x 1.5 but that’s a guess — can anyone confirm that’s what the Astra G caliper thread is? 

On 09/03/2021 at 21:02, Atlantean said:

Thanks for that info — time to look for a banjo bolt! 

Looking at the thread it looks like an M10 x 1.5 but that’s a guess — can anyone confirm that’s what the Astra G caliper thread is? 

Yes its M10x1.5 from memory

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mantasrme said:

Yes its M10x1.5 from memory

You are correct — I tried an M10 x 1.5 bolt just to check.

I’m waiting to see if my local Opel dealer has any in stock — I gave him OE the part numbers but I haven’t heard back yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...