Advice

philip1971

Iv got a mint coupe sitting some were with a roof whitch has a roof wot has a sun roof with not a spot of rust round it .and all the shell is mega no rust wot so ever , and wot little welding done , and everything parts wise collected to put back together . But wot stumps me is wot the finished value will be . When complete . Back to a post production line motor stand blue manta g t e exclusive coupe . Wot sale value and more insurance value to put on it or the insurance company value .and wot is the value of this vehicle ,only being less than under 300 coupes and hatches left ever in the u k , but split them down the middle, more rare 150 coupes and 150 hatches left . And coupes being the kit to have . Please don't say wot ever I value it at . I'd be more please to get one valve of her . Any idears !!!!

Edited by philip1971

14 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

The figures on the DVLA site are not accurate. As when it went over to digital a lot of the cars were not transferred over. I know of quite a few Manta's that are not on the system but still live locked away.

Like mine 🙂

The value of any restored manta in my book would be based on the quality of work done and the type of restoration, was it limited to only addressing the bad points then getting an mot, leaving for instance storage marks and paint blemishes etc or was it a complete nut and bolt strip down, bare metal respray, engine rebuild, suspension and brake upgrades etc? A ballpark figure guessed before a restoration has been completed could be wildly out. I do agree with starmist for a well sorted manta, but if your project is a labour of love and you strive for perfection you may well spend over that and never recoup your outlay, not in the short term anyway. I would base my insurance value by my total of parts and labour spend along with the initial outlay of the manta, not leaving myself short in the event of a claim.

Edited by Mike.
Spelling!
  • Like 3

Totally agree with Mike, it comes down to what standard it's been restored to i.e 

Shit standard

Good standard

Very good standard 

Showroom standard

One man thinks he's done a great job and the next guy comes along and would class it as rough.....everyone's standards are different.

Obviously a better idea can be had from a decent description and some photos but nobody can put a true value on any car without seeing it in the flesh.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, biffy1984 said:

Totally agree with Mike, it comes down to what standard it's been restored to i.e 

Shit standard

Good standard

Very good standard 

Showroom standard

One man thinks he's done a great job and the next guy comes along and would class it as rough.....everyone's standards are different.

Obviously a better idea can be had from a decent description and some photos but nobody can put a true value on any car without seeing it in the flesh.....

This is very true, but of course a cars value is different to what it may sell for.

My 1978 Manta SRB has 41,000 miles & is unrestored to me it is valued at £7000 but would i get that for it if i sold it ?

James Coghlan & i recently purchased a 1987 Manta Berlinetta Hatch to recommission/restore & we believe we are going to get it to a good/very good standard once finished however spending can quickly get out of control.

Even good quality pictures can make a car look better than what it will look like in the flesh, you are correct in your statement about different peoples standards. 

It is human nature to want something for nothing & a lot of buyers think that £4k should get them a fully restored hatch in showroom condition it generally won't but it should get you a good car that a new owner can take up to the next level especially if its their "keeper"

To get top price for your car you have to present it well in your pictures, give a good honest description & sell it either in the spring or early summer imo

• Like 1