Mint Exclusive 38k eur

Very nice, and certainly pricey. However I'm not convinced it's an Exclusive. More likely a GSi with Exclusive alloys/rear spoiler/rear bumper & infill panel fitted. The square headlights along with the wipers and large water reservoir are telling. Then again, why go to all that hassle and not change the headlights. It's a bit of an oddity.

Not sure if the red/grey interior was available on euro Exclusives or not. Also, there's also no Exclusive decal on the boot lid.

Interesting looking spare wheel.

Very nice example Manta, would love to know if you could spec square headlights on Euro Manta Exclusives?  Looks like a steel spare wheel. I would have liked the seat colour specs on UK Manta's, Rab has a nice set of those. 

Maybe the bigger screen wash bottle for the headlight wash? No Exclusive sticker on the boot, maybe de-badged. 

Pity door cards have speakers in them and none on the parcel shelf, 

Lets hope it sells at that price, and cars in UK start to follow, in the not so distant future.

whats going on with that car!? what a bizarre thing! to say its original it looks quite messed about with, 

• panel gaps are poor
  • red tray missing and bits missing
  • wrong glass
  • been painted, (whats going on with the back end underneath?
  • non of the wipers sit right
  • what the hell is going on with the aerial
  • door trims on inside are wrong (should all be chrome)
  • spoiler is bulging

Mental, its nice but at the money it needs to be line new!  

2 hours ago, starmist said:

Also why is it white under the boot floor?

Interior looks brand new though!

Weird. I never noticed that. It's also body colour inside the rear aches. Were they not black rubberised stuff in there?

Also, the door cards have speakers yet there's no stereo fitted and the cassette holders are missing.

54 minutes ago, robah said:

Very nice example Manta, would love to know if you could spec square headlights on Euro Manta Exclusives?  Looks like a steel spare wheel. I would have liked the seat colour specs on UK Manta's, Rab has a nice set of those. 

Maybe the bigger screen wash bottle for the headlight wash? No Exclusive sticker on the boot, maybe de-badged. 

Pity door cards have speakers in them and none on the parcel shelf, 

Lets hope it sells at that price, and cars in UK start to follow, in the not so distant future.

I think not re the headlights. All Exclusives came with the twin-round units.

The larger washer bottle was fitted to all models with headlight wipers.  Agreed re the spare wheel but UK models (at least) came with a 5th alloy.

You have a point re the price, but it does rule it out for the 'average' Manta enthusiast. A bit of a double edged sword scenario I suppose.

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 2

It wont be an exclusive, its got the wrong glass, wrong bumper, headlight wipers its a messed about with GT/E, a shame really.

And yes the arches and undersides were black not body colour 

love the decal on the (our drivers side door) he must of been on a hill or drunk.

• Like 2

Perfect example of a (nearly) perfect car at a perfect sellers price, agree with all the above, as i have always said, there is a major difference, between a throw a cheque book at a car, and a truely original car.

Perfect engine too, looks the part, wonder if its also, time, cleaning products and a bit trickery, wool pulled over the eyes, 

Something learned today, with a hell of alot of time, cash, and luck and hard effort, finding near or perfect parts, this level of car could be achieved, from any base really, it would have cost something! Alot, maybe the asking price reflects this!

Anyway, go luck with the sale!