No rear brakes what's wrong with this picture???.

hoobby

Sorry forgot not many of you have auto-adjust set up.this is what happens when you put the thermo clip in upsidedown it hits the nut behind and jams it up...what a numpty. Now the right way up and a last brakes.IMG_20190526_180351.thumb.jpg.46c8840654e2ff71679c9847d45e3cf0.jpg

• Like 1

Well Hooby, you'v got me on that... Was looking at the springs and also the tooth of the system. Think this is why I replaced the auto-adjust set up to the old scool system.

Thanks for sharing this important news, 

grts, Herman

3 hours ago, IanMc said:

Brilliant detective work Mr Holmes - good job  :thumbup

"Elementary my dear Watson" and about  3 litres of brake fluid, frustration and confusion.l'm sure I fitted it the right way but must have slipped round while fitting the springs which I had alot of trouble with found wrapping a cargo strap round the shoes and back plate stopped everything moving about oh and wear gloves it really hurts when the top spring slips and you punch the brake shoe.IMG_20190527_113739.thumb.jpg.bb3bd30b2e35fae5773bead18e6e65fb.jpg

• Like 1

They have a raised tag which holds it up although there is no logical reason why this would affect the actual operation of the brakes as even if it jammed it's the Pistons that puSh the shoes out and the thermo clip only is there to stop the self adjuster going up one too many notches  if the drums are warm !