Mantarijder

Hello, my name is Rob from the Netherlands, 55 years old and a new member at your club.

I am a  owner of a Opel manta A1 from 1973 and a B2 GSI from 1987.

At the moment I am restore the Manta A1.

I have to find out hou to post a photo, the internet is still a problem, and I wil make some misstakes I am some kind of a digibeet

( means not verry good with the internet)

Regards: Rob

• Like 1

Hi Rob

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a couple of nice cars in your possession :thumbup

There was a post on the forum (if still available) on how to post photos etc.to the forum.

If you have specific problems uploading photos someone will help you with your quest as we all like photos of Mantas and stable mates. B) 

Welcome Rob,

we are neighbours, I live on the other side of the border about 10km from Antwerp. I am also a member of the Opel Mantaclub Nederland. You are on the right spot to find a lot of info for your restoration. If you make yourself a web member or full member you can see all the topics with pictures, I will send you a PM (personal message) in Dutch how to put pictures on this forum. 

Grts, Herman

• Like 1

13 hours ago, robah said:

Hi Rob

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a couple of nice cars in your possession :thumbup

There was a post on the forum (if still available) on how to post photos etc.to the forum.

If you have specific problems uploading photos someone will help you with your quest as we all like photos of Mantas and stable mates. B) 

Thanks for offering help and the warm welcome.

Thank you all for the warm wecome and help offerd, I am still  struggling with  my  tablet, which does not accept the english language that in combination with a digi-bite like me is not ok.

My daughter put some photos on de site, she knows how to do it.

The photos of the B2 is 10 year old, after a restauration  of 1500 hour,  unfortunately , my son hit a deer last year,  causing  a lot of damage.

I am still working to get it right.

Some more general advice; never sell tour old Manta , because you will regeert it ,I am looking  for 16 year  without success. 

Regards; Rob

10 hours ago, H-400 said:

Welcome Rob,

we are neighbours, I live on the other side of the border about 10km from Antwerp. I am also a member of the Opel Mantaclub Nederland. You are on the right spot to find a lot of info for your restoration. If you make yourself a web member or full member you can see all the topics with pictures, I will send you a PM (personal message) in Dutch how to put pictures on this forum. 

Grts, Herman

Hello Herman, that is Nice that we are neighbours, I am also member for I think 23 jaars of the OMCN, maby we meet on a meeting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Welcome Rob, 👍👍

I have been working in NL and possibly rest of year up near Wieringerwerf. Not seen many clasic Opels about, sure they are locked away for the winter 😁

P.S if you join as a web member for a few €s it will let you do pics.

Hello Jess, thanks for your reaction, Wieringerwerf is a Nice surrounding, untill 1 hour of the place where I live. (South side of te water)

What kind of work are you doing there 

3 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

Welcome Rob , Dont worry about getting things right, l will work itself out 

I am no good at this computer thing 

On my iPad the is CHOOSE FILES  thing l just tap on that and get photos from the iPad 

one of my manta that l sold ( silly me )

E7014A0C-9DD4-40D6-A8E5-64CEB0B08345.jpeg

Thats a shame, I sold my red B1 16 years ago, my daughter is still some kind of angry on me, like my self, forever regret

1 hour ago, Mantarijder said:

Hello Jess, thanks for your reaction, Wieringerwerf is a Nice surrounding, untill 1 hour of the place where I live. (South side of te water)

What kind of work are you doing there 

Wind turbines. Usually I work offshore, but have an onshore project I am involved in. We need some of your experts over in the UK to advise on flood defences, I drive my car over and about whilst I am there and considering everything is 2-3m below sea lever it is managed so incredibly well.

And the the bonus is the people around where I work are just so nice and genuine that I am loving my time there 🍻

• Like 1