Greetings from Norway ​🙂

Hello Gentlemen.

My name in Anders and I am a fresh owner of a Manta A -75.

I bought it on an impulse late fall last year, unseen and untested, drove it to my parents place and parked it indoors over winter. Not really looking things over at that time other than thinking it needed some work to shine as it should.

Soooo, now I have brought it home. It was a 1500 km long drive with zero problems and many smiles.

And I have had half a year to collect parts and excuses to do things with it...

Other than a new set of rims and a little bit of lowering, I will keep it looking next to stock. It has had a new engine installed in a previous life, so I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong by swapping in a 2,4 with a 2,0 head, a getrag 240 and new internals in the rear end. Also there will be bigger brakes at least in front. Goal: make it more driveable with lower rpms at normal highway speed. Bonus: More torque.

And there is a respray in here too.

I have read a lot in this forum about this car, and I look forward to participate and learn as I plan to keep this car for a long time. I still have my first car  (strange enough it's a Volvo sugga that I bought two years before I was old enough to drive a car legaly) and I have had it for almost 35 years now, so some cars are keepers to me 🥰

If it's ok to ask my first question in this forum along with my introduction it will be:

What colour code do you guys think I have? Don't mind the black stuff 🙂, it's the orange colour I'm wondering about.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Best wishes from Norway ☺️

manta.jpg

manta1.jpg

Edited by Anders Nystad
Add picture
  • Like 7

Hi Anders, welcome on this forum. I have also a 2.4 in my Manta and it is a nice improvement . About the colour: do you have the original VIN plate on the right side in the engine bay?

Grts, Herman

Welcome to the club Anders,

Although this is a B series chart it will give you an idea of colours and codes. 

Scroll through to the bottom to see colours.

There's also this A series chart which may help.

Edited by Mickfrad
  • Like 1