anti roll bar stabiliser link

plumster

• 3 months later...

What a smashing day, time to get those drop links replaced:-

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Well rub me down with a salted cod, the replacement ones (listed for MK 1 Cav) are too frikkin long.

I am to say the least a touch miffed.

Actually..... after checking the listing says suitable for Opel Manta B CC, so like a knob I assumed they would fit.

Edited by plumster
pic added

All I did was to cut the tube length down, the cut the excess thread off the bolt with an angle grinder once fitted.

If you cut the excess thread off before you start, you can struggle to get the nut to engage with the first couple of threads.

Hope that helps? Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IanMc said:

All I did was to cut the tube length down, the cut the excess thread off the bolt with an angle grinder once fitted.

If you cut the excess thread off before you start, you can struggle to get the nut to engage with the first couple of threads.

Hope that helps? Good luck.

Hi Ian, I have ordered a pair of QH ones that should be the correct size.

• Like 1

Hoorah!! job done, not a big job & probably due to regular oil spraying for many years, they came out pretty easy.

Used a small jack to push the new ones in & squash the rubbers a bit & got the top nut on easily.

Small win but very satisfying.

• Like 2