Rear axle

Bonga

Hi guys I put a post on the Facebook group but never got much of a reply. Thought id ask here as well.

I'm looking for a rear axle 4.6 up to a 5.1 for sprint /track use if anyone has anything they would be willing to sell. Cwp to fit manta would be ideal then fit lsd at later date. I also have a jag lsd diff i bought ages ago but it seems mega work to fit it in a scimitar axle the 4 link it etc and its well out with my abilities to complete.

Open to suggestions.

Billy.

• Like 1

There is one done for sale with 4.6 ratio on FB fir a cool 2.2K lol

was It your post I read about a 4HA? I did post mine up but could not remember or find the post. Anyway, I have added mine. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/396627984242223/posts/1336479580257054

screen grab of the other one that’s advertised on differing group (NOT MINE!)

7DCB2BB7-37F1-4D3D-9A30-FF332939F6E8.jpeg

Edited by Jessopia74
  • Like 1

Slightly off topic but have any of you lads got an lsd in a standard gte axle running 9 inch revolutions? Eventually plan on buying one, most likely a gripper lsd. But worried about the torque tube etc been able to handle a bit of sideways running the wide wheels? 

4 hours ago, seanpren said:

Slightly off topic but have any of you lads got an lsd in a standard gte axle running 9 inch revolutions? Eventually plan on buying one, most likely a gripper lsd. But worried about the torque tube etc been able to handle a bit of sideways running the wide wheels? 

Steel housing(tube) from an Earlu Manta or AsconaA and updated torque shaft is the usual answer mate. It’s the female splined end that is the weak spot, and the aluminium housing does not contain it in the event of a failure. There is a thread on here somewhere with pictures and links etc

found the chap/pistons for you , 

Edited by Jessopia74
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

There is one done for sale with 4.6 ratio on FB fir a cool 2.2K lol

was It your post I read about a 4HA? I did post mine up but could not remember or find the post. Anyway, I have added mine. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/396627984242223/posts/1336479580257054

screen grab of the other one that’s advertised on differing group (NOT MINE!)

7DCB2BB7-37F1-4D3D-9A30-FF332939F6E8.jpeg

Hi Jess, coukd have been me. Ive had the 4ha idea for a while but its turninh out to be too much hassle. 2.2k pricey. Then I'd still need to pay someone to 4 link the car and what not. Dont fancy takling something like that with my experience. 

11 hours ago, Ems said:

I've got an lsd in a standard axle on my Manta.  I've got a steel torque tube instead of the alloy one and have 9x15 revolutions on the back with 225 tyres.

That's the route I'm thinking but soucing parts at a reasonable cost will likley not be easy. A steel torque tube and a suitable final drive. 

3 hours ago, Bonga said:

Hi Jess, coukd have been me. Ive had the 4ha idea for a while but its turninh out to be too much hassle. 2.2k pricey. Then I'd still need to pay someone to 4 link the car and what not. Dont fancy takling something like that with my experience. 

That's the route I'm thinking but soucing parts at a reasonable cost will likley not be easy. A steel torque tube and a suitable final drive. 

Mines not 2.2K btw and has spring hangers so you can use the std pickups for lower, but understandable if you don’t want to fabricate anything for top etc

Or Volvo 240, 740, 940, strip all the Volvo brackets off, buy new Opel spring seats, still available, and bullet proof, with cheaper LSDs, and alot of gearing, available, No torque tube. 

Half shafts redrilled to Opel, and 👍🍺

• Like 1

On 29/03/2023 at 20:33, ®evo03 said:

Or Volvo 240, 740, 940, strip all the Volvo brackets off, buy new Opel spring seats, still available, and bullet proof, with cheaper LSDs, and alot of gearing, available, No torque tube. 

Never looked into the volvo ones. I'll have a look on ebay and keep my eyes open. Thanks.

On 29/03/2023 at 20:33, ®evo03 said:

They are DANA, same thing as the Sailsbury pretty much. 

FYI, the 4HA I had already has the expensive 5x120mm hubs, new spring labs fitted, what’s linkage and is 54” or 58” with the spacers, along with rear disc conversion brackets etc. there is £450 worth of parts on it. Already welded, all that’s needed is top link pickups into shell. £650 is what I was wanting for it.

If you go Volvo you have start from scratch. There is a 240 close to me and they want £150 that’s cheap tbh, but you need spring pans & top link  brackets & welding etc. 

2D2DFD2E-20AC-40E2-A6F4-5AC9F9B057C3.jpeg

6F26637E-EDB3-47D2-B170-11AF304ED479.jpeg

B5ABADA6-AD43-48E8-BA43-1CAD6704136C.jpeg

Edited by Jessopia74
  • Like 4