Black box next to battery housing

Diego LR

If its the big black bit its the heater housing, houses the heater matrix and has the heater fan and the inlet for fresh air from outside but also drains any unwanted water back in through the engine bay.

Just now, 611 said:

If its the big black bit its the heater housing, houses the heater matrix and has the heater fan and the inlet for fresh air from outside but also drains any unwanted water back in through the engine bay.

Hard to find a good one with all the screw fixing points intact.

3 hours ago, Diego LR said:

I have the car in Italy. I will be there next week. Perhaps I can get away with just the rubber that goes around the edges.

I checked online and it is virtually impossible to find this part. 😢

Yep, almost impossible unless you can find someone breaking a car that has a good one. I got the rubber trim from Dr Manta i think.

What is the problem with yours?

9 hours ago, H-400 said:

Hi Diego, google "heizungskasten Manta A" and "heizungskasten Ascona A" (your Manta is Left hand drive I suppose?)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/134110506993?epid=557835201&hash=item1f399beff1:g:bUUAAOSwAS5dC7pv

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/heizungskasten-opel-manta-a/2367522895-223-3517

Is there any difference on that part for left or right hand drive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1